🩵VIII: CRUSH FORWARDS🩵

✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧

You frowned as the cool air nipped at your skin. You were going to play, taking the place of Kitsunezato, even though you were a defender. You didn't mind being a forward, but at least you had an even stronger defense.

Breathing in and out, you stood on the right wing, watching everyone as you listened to the announcer and commentator drone on. Blue Lock began walking out again and you immediately made eye contact with Isagi before they shifted to Rin.

You looked over at Shido, who looked like he was at peace in his spot on the field. You chuckled when you heard Rin called him 'that Antannae Bastard' and jumped a bit when Shido turned his head to look at him.

"Oh, what's this?" He said roughly as he stalked toward Rin. You watched carefully, ready to step in if needed. "You seem to be going wild there, Underlashes Junior, but this is as far as your explosion goes. Let's make it clear which one of us is the real number one, Rin-chan." He sung in a taunting way.

Isagi stepped up, which caused you to start walking toward the trio. "Hey! Shido, don't!"

"Sure," Rin started, emotionlessly glaring down at Shido. "You're right on time. I'd been looking to jazzing up my game. Crushing your blond roach ass should do the trick."

Shido's eyebrows furrowed and you carefully watched for any dangerous movement from him. "Right back at ya, you brother-loving ass!"

You stared at him in disbelief. "Says the one who is gay for his older brother!"

"You're not wrong." Shido responded, shrugging it off as he walked back off to his spot.

"I'm gonna head back to my spot now, but just so you know, I do hope you guys win." You winked and ran off to your spot.

The second half officially started and Sae immediately passed to Shido. You ran forward, hoping to sneak past the defenders, but Yukimiya quickly marked you.

It didn't matter much, though, as Shido made it past the defenders without much effort. Shido linked with Sae no problem, and Sendo helped the young striker do a one-two.

You ran forward, slipping around Blue Lock players to the best of your ability, but Bachira was quick to take Yukimiya's place.

Sae tried to get it back to Shido, but Niko stole it with ease. You were quick to realize that it was in his security zone and kept that in mind.

Shido landed on top of Niko, which concerned you heavily as you booked it over to the two. The referee called it, and Niko earned a yellow card.

"You fucking blind-ass little shit."

Niko cooly replied to Shido as he was in the process of getting up. "Oh, sorry I stepped on you. I mistook you for a bug."

Shido was quick to push himself into a crouch. "That's it, you're dead meat!"

"Drop it, moron." Sae demanded.

You ignored the other two as you went over to Niko, crouching down as you watched Isagi reach a hand out. "Good work catching up to him, Niko!" The dark bluish haired boy said.

"It was a foul, but nice work." Gagamaru said in his monotone voice.

Niko frowned, which caused you to frown. "But I couldn't stop him without fouling, even though I could see it clearly. Simultaneously watching where the ball was coming from and where it was going, by taking in Itoshi Sae's kicking motion and Shido's off-the-ball movements, I was able to predict the most dangerous spot with pinpoint accuracy, and yet..."

"That's pretty amazing."

"No, Sendo messed me up."

You chuckled as you spoke. "He has that effect sometimes."

Niko glanced at you before looking at the turf grass one more. "With Shido thrown in the mix, his presence, while plain, has become an annoying distraction."

"Niko, any little thing can become an annoying distraction if it's tried hard enough, especially to someone who's trying to take in so much at one time." You explained, watching as his hand twitched toward his right ankle.

Isagi crouched down next to him and put an arm around his shoulders. "Niko, you okay? Did you hurt your foot?" He was brushed off as the black haired boy stood, prompting the other two to stand as well. You noticed Gagamaru had gone back to the goal.

"Don't mind me. I can still play. I want to. Even though I'm frustrated that I wasn't chosen to play as a striker, using my eyes, I realized something just now. How fun it is to play defense and crush forwards."

You grinned proudly as you pat his should. "It's the best position for a reason. Denying strikers a goal is the best feeling ever." He nodded and turned his back to begin walking off.

"That's why we're going to win no matter what." You chuckled at his determination, feeling your motivation grow. "Isagi, thank you. I'm not afraid of changing anymore."

You smiled softly and pat Isagi's shoulder before moving over to your position. "Cute."

✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧