🩵XXIV: OVERTHINKING🩵

✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧

You looked yourself over in your full-length bedroom mirror for what felt like the millionth time. You stood in uncomfortable dress shoes, dress pants, and a nice dress shirt. A black bag hung off your shoulders by the straps, containing tennis shoes and warmer, more comfortable clothes.

Oliver smiled at you from your doorway, leaning against the frame. He knew you were nervous, seeing as you kept checking how you looked and fiddling with certain parts of your clothing; however, he couldn't be more proud. "You look lovely."

You glanced over at him, frowning the smallest amount. "I hope Rin likes it." He huffed and pushed off the door frame, making his way toward you.

"If he likes you, he'll like you in your outfit." He rested his hands on your shoulders, leaning down to press his cheek against yours. It was scratchy against your skin, but you didn't mind. If anything, you found it comforting.

You felt tears sting your eyes, even as you willed yourself not to cry. Your gut stirred as you thought about all the changes that would begin happening in your life. Despite mostly being able to go with the flow, change sometimes affected you more than you would've liked.

Oliver wrapped his arms around your shoulders and pulled you back against him. "(Y/n), you're overthinking." Placing a kiss to the top of your head, he gently rocked you from side to side. "It's not like you're leaving or dying or anything. You're just getting a boyfriend today, and he's perfect for you. You know I'm still here for you no matter what."

"Oli..." you trailed off, knowing that your brother was always your number one person. He was your brother and the one who practically raised you when you both  moved from Sweden. It wasn't like your parents didn't love you, it's just that you preferred Oliver to them.

A knock on the front door made you freeze. He pressed a kiss to your head and used his shirt to gently dab your eyes. "It's time, (Y/n), it's all gonna be great." You wrapped your arms around his waist in a tight grip and he was quick to return the bone-crushing hug.

With one more kiss to your head, he began dragging you to the front door. He placed you in front of it and opened it for you, quickly backing away once he did so.

Rin looked mostly emotionless, as he usually does, but you could see nerves swirling in his teal eyes. He had combed back his hair, revealing his spotless forehead, although some strand still fell down to frame his face. It was certainly a cute look on him.

The button-up shirt he wore was black and somewhat tight on his frame, similar to his black dress pants that hugged his thighs before straightening out. He really liked those type of pants it seems.

"You ready?" His voice was soft and almost hesitant as he held out a hand to you. You smiled, taking it, loving the way his rough palm felt against yours. "You look beautiful." He commented, his cheeks stained a wonderful pink as he walked you to his car.

Your cheeks warmed immediately, and you squeezed his warm hand. "You look very handsome." You retorted, giggling the smallest bit.

He opened the passenger door for uou and pressed a light kiss to your cheek after you got in. He quickly shut the door and walked around the car, getting into the driver's seat. "And we're off."

✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧