🩵XV: HE LIKES ME🩵

✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧

Chigiri ended the ninth frame with a spare, and miraculously, both teams were tied. It confused both Barou and you so bad on how it happened, but Barou didn't comment on it. However, you let out confused little sputters every time each team managed to get the same exact ball.

You watched with an incredulous expression as Darai began saying prayers before he chucked the ball extremely aggressively down the lane. "El Golazo!" was the last thing he yelled and the ball managed to become a strike.

Heavily confused and somewhat panicked, you felt as if you were on the verge of tears. It felt as if both teams were breaking down everything you knew about bowling.

Karasu laughed as he wrapped an arm around you, cheering on Nagi as he went up the approach. He tripped over his feet and the bowling ball managed to be in the right spot because it curved and hit the pocket perfectly.

When Barou and you had thrown the last two balls of the tenth frame, you both had also managed to both get strikes. You wanted to quit as you shoved your face into your hands, tears threatening to escape. "That is not how bowling works!" You pushed their confusion back the best you could before you had an existential crisis of any sort.

You noticed girls staring at the group, and it seemed like Sendo and Otoya noticed, too, because they started to begin their flirting. "Hey, we're not even done here yet! We gotta go for round two." Oliver called out to them.

"Sorry, Aiku." Isagi apologized, grabbing attention toward himself. "But I already made plans with another friend."

"Aw."

"You're leaving already?"

"I'm leaving, too."

"See you guys later! Have fun!"

You felt Oliver grab the top of your head in an affectionate hold. "You good?"

"My brain feels like it's splitting in half because of all the bowling that is feels like it is basically breaking the physics of bowling."

He laughed and rubbed your forehead with his thumb. "If you want to go home, then you're free to, and I'll make sure your food gets ordered in a to-go box."

You nodded, considering it. "Will you guys be okay without me?"

"I'm sure we'll be fine. Barou's a bit handicapped with everyone over there anyway."

Sighing, you stood and began to put your things away. Your eyes felt like they were so close to closing and making you fall asleep as any adrenaline from before wore off.

Karasu came over, checking on you. "What's up, cutie? Ya leavin' already?" You looked up and nodded, feeling for how much the ball and oil dirtied their hands. You stood, deciding to go wash your hands. "You be careful, then."

His voice was soft. It always was when he talked to you. He wasn't rude to you like he was with everyone else. He didn't like physical affection, but he gave it to you at times and allowed you to give it to him. You noticed how, at times, his cheeks would heat up and turn a light pink when you talked to him. He smiled more around you. He showed signs of being happy around you.

Your gut twisted as you came to a realization you didn't want to come to. He likes me...doesn't he? You hugged him to say goodbye, noting his cheeks turning red as he held the hug longer than usual.

After your goodbyes to everyone, you grabbed your stuff and headed to the bathroom, washing your hands. Breathes came in and out of your mouth unevenly as you thought about Karasu and the fact that he probably liked you in a romantic way.

Fuck, you did not want to ruin your friendship with him if he did like you.

✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧