🩵XXVIII: BE MINE🩵

✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧

It was colder than you thought it would be. You brushed it off, though, as you stretched with Rin. The sky was dark and there were very little stars that you could see. The field was dimly lit, the streetlights hitting it carelessly.

It was beautiful in its own way.

You sat still for a second after you finished stretching, watching as Rin moved back to his bag. You studied his figure, admiring each bit that you could see of his silhouette.

He turned around, a ball in his hands and he began to make his way back to you. He set the ball down before grabbing your hands and helping you stand up.

You stood close together, still holding hands, and you grinned up at him. A small smile made its way to his lips as he dipped his head. He planted a soft kiss to your forehead, causing your cheeks to warm significantly.

He gently tugged his hands away and moved to the ball. "Are you up for it?" You giggled as you moved back toward the goal.

"I'm always up for a good old game of cops 'n' robbers."

You stood, ready as Rin prepared himself to shoot the ball. Inhaling deeply, you got into position, watching his movements.

He was quick to kick it, and you were quick to react. It bumped against your head when you got behind it before falling forward in an arc.

You began to dribble down the field, feeling him get close in order to try and steal the ball back. His arm slid in front of your middle, managing to knock you off-balance.

He took the ball as you stumbled and shot, the ball easily going into the goal. Rin moved back to you, holding a hand out to help stabilize you. His eyes widened when he was instead pulled to the ground with you, landing on your chest.

You winced, but just grinned up at him, and instead of getting up, he merely adjusted himself. He carefully straddled your waist with his legs and placed his hands on either side of your head.

He moved his face close to yours. It felt like you could see every little bit of his eyes, even as dark as it was, especially with your faces so close together. You could see as his eyes flicked down to your lips, causing you to subconsciously part them slightly.

"(Y/n)," his voice came out a soft whisper, his breath fanning your lips. You were too frozen in place to respond as he pressed his forehead against yours. "Be mine."

It was such a Rin way to ask you to be his lover.

You wrapped your arms around his neck, connecting your lips together into a sweet kiss. "Of course." Uou whispered into the kiss, a small chuckle escaping you.

As he started to pull back, you chased him a little before he pulled back fully, giving you a peck on the lips. You noticed his smile almost immediately, the sight melting your heart.

It was truly a beautiful sight.

He sat up fully before landing next to you, staring up at the night sky. The ball wasn't too far away, but that was the last thing on either of your minds. You moved your hand to gently lock it with his pinky.

An idea popped into your brain that you hoped would work as you shot up. "Stay here." You instructed, running over to your stuff. You shoved your hand into your bag, fishing out your phone.

A grin lit up your face as you laid back down, your shoulders touching. You once again grabbed his pinky before shifting your phone to the camera. You giggled eagerly as you brought your clasped pinkies up to be visible by your camera.

The dim light of the streetlights made your hands into silhouettes as you quickly took several pictures. Rin watched you, completely enthralled by your beauty. He shifted himself, removing his hand from yours as he climbed on top of you once more.

He pressed another kiss to your lips before standing and stretching his back and shoulders. "Hey, cop." He said with a sly smirk. "Looks like I'm free."

Rin took off before you could even react, sprinting to the ball. You scrambled to get up, heart pounding loudly in your ears as adrenaline took over. You reached him once his foot connected with the ball, making you skid to a stop.

The ball hooked as it landed into the net, forcing it to the point where it was fully stretched. "Thief." You huffed, your phone shockingly still in your hand.

He chuckled, grabbing onto your phone. He took a sloppy picture of you before extending his arm and leaning in. He snapped a few blurry pictures as he kissed you, and you both knew your face was a bright shade of red.

When Rin finally pulled back, he tried to open up your phone, frowning when he was unsuccessful. You were quick to understand some of what he wanted, telling him your password. Leaning close, you watched as he sent the photos to himself before scrolling through them. You wondered what he was thinking as you both looked at them, slightly cringing at the ones you didn't favor much.

Seeing a text from Oliver, you perked up, grabbing your phone back as you opened it. It was asking when you'd be home, making them realize how late it was. You shared a look with Rin that said an unspoken agreement to pack up and leave.

It didn't matter that your date was ending. To you, you were ecstatic that you even got to go on this date in the first place. You were dumbfounded about how you now had a boyfriend who seems absolutely amazing.

You were going to take these moments with as much happiness as you can while giving him as much love as you can give.

✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧