🩵XIII: PROUD OF YOU🩵

✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧

As you watched Rin, you noticed Oliver's eyes widened. He couldn't read him in the slightest. You watched as Shido caught up and grabbed the front of Rin's arm.

Isagi showed up behind Rin and called out for him. The younger player feinted and got most of the way around Oliver, going for a shot.

It hit the goal post.

Your eyes widened as you began desperately running, staring at the ball that Sae was quick to trap. There was only one minute left, and you didn't want it to end without Blue Lock winning. That thought made you feel guilty, but they honestly deserved it.

Shido began running the opposite way once he'd seen that Sae had the ball. The midfielder passed Isagi with ease before making his way one by one around Barou and Nagi.

"Don't just swarm him, ya morons! I'm gonna stall him!" Karasu yelled, his Kansai asked strong. "We don't have enough people on defense! Don't bother with Itoshi Sae, only the free players! If they score now, it's all over! We have to survive, dumbasses!"

Rin matched up with Sae before he could get to Karasu. "Still haven't fixed that habit of sticking your tongue out and drooling, huh?" The older Itoshi commented as drool ran down the younger's chin. "The fact that you didn't score just now is proof of your limit. If only you had stayed quiet at home, you'd be able to live without knowing that. That's what you get for getting full of yourself in a place like this."

"Die."

"You get it, don't you? Rin, you can't become the best in the world. The best you can do is live in the shadow of your brother." Rin stood in front of his brother, looking loose and furious. "Will you look at that? You can still make that kind of face."

Rin charged forward, Sae doing the same. He went for the ball as soon as it was between his legs, but Sae moved it from there, pulling off some tricks to move it in front of them.

They both charged to the ball in their opposite styles of football. They pushed against each other, but Sae managed to snag the ball first, maneuvering it around expertly.

Rin kicked it from under Sae's feet, sending it flying toward the U-20 team's goal. Oliver didn't reach it, and Isagi came around from behind. He shot the ball, and scored the final point.

The whistle blew.

You stopped running, relief and exhaustion flowing through you as the adrenaline began to lessen. "Fuck." You swore, panting as you watched Blue Lock's players swarm Isagi and you started making their way over to the Itoshi brothers.

Isagi's yell tore through the loud crowd and you sighed. He sure was loud when he wanted to be. You listened into the conversation that Sae and Shido were having as you walked up.

"Hey, genius. Why didn't you pass to the front right away? If you had, at least you would have stopped them from scoring."

"There was only a minute left, so we'd run out of time if we traded passes around. Going through too many people is a fool's move. I wanted to pass directly to you. That was the most optimal play I had visualized. Rin got to me before you got next to their goal. That's all there is to it."

You watched from a few feet away from Rin as Shido chuckled and he grinned back at Sae. "Then it's your fault for getting foiled by your little brother, so I'm gonna count that as a goal for me, gotcha? Which means I scored three! Like we promised, you're gonna have ta tell me your number now!"

"Hmph, let me at least shower first." He said before walking away. "Rin," he acknowledged as he walking up. "I was wrong. I thought Japan was unable to give birth to any decent strikers."

Hope radiated off of Rin and you stood protectively nearby, watching carefully. "Nii-chan-"

"He even managed to call forth your instincts." You felt Rin's hope lessen as Sae continued, "The one who's able to change this country's football is Isagi Yoichi, an egoist like that might have what it takes." Rin's expression heavily darkened, and you took a couple steps closer, pissed off yourself. "Japan can still change."

You approached, glaring at Sae. "What an absolute dick." You spat, hatred for him growing in your gut. The older Itoshi merely walked away and you sat down next to Rin. "He could've at least congratulated you something for basically beating him. He doesn't deserve to be as liked as he is with that attitude."

Rin glanced at you before looking back down. Sighing, you stood up and reached a hand down to him. He stared at it for a couple of seconds before grabbing your sweaty hand with his own.

"Good job today, Rin. I'm proud of you for beating your brother." He merely squeezed your hand before pulling away and walking off to Blue Lock's locker room.

✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧