Paper Work [ Rui x Overworked! Reader ]

Category: Fluff

Characters Included:
Rui Kamishiro ( 神代類 )

Rui x Overworked! Reader
It has been a pretty long day for you today, but it's Friday so at least that makes it a bit better?

But. you still had homework to do after school plus you have to finish writing the lyrics for your band's next song, and as the leader, you can't leave your duties unfulfilled.

You sighed as you entered your bedroom, sitting at your desk with PILES UPON PILES of paper work to do. Don't forget the tasks you were assigned for your projects (which were due in a months time 😭😭), the homework from today and more.

'There isn't much going back now is there?..' you thought to yourself as you took up one paper.

What you failed to remember is that you were supposed to hang out with your boyfriend, Rui, today but he supposed you forgot all about that because when he called you about 14  times and sent you 56 messages , trying to ask you if he could still come over, you didn't reply, at all. He knows on the weekends you're almost ALWAYS on your phone so something was off about today so he decided to just go over to your house.

After 30 minutes, he arrived at your house but, he saw the door slightly opened, which was quite concerning,
have they been kidnapped?
were they murdered??
did emu come over and forget to close their door again..?
Thoughts of that sort raced his mind making his heart pace pick up.

He rushed towards your room at full speed just to see you sitting down at your desk, doing some sort of paper work.

Though, You didn't notice him walk into the room since you were to focused on getting all this done, so he took his chance to sneak up behind you.

"Boo!" He shouted.

"EH?!???- Oh- its just you.." you sighed.

"Fufu~ I didn't know you would actually get scared! Maybe you shouldn't leave your front door open next time?" He said while standing beside you to get a better view of what you were doing.

"I what..? I Left the front door open? WAIT I LEFT THE FRONT DOOR OPEN??!?? DID YOU AT LEAST CLOSE IT????" You shouted as you rapidly stood up getting prepared to run out your room in case he said no.

"...oh.." he mumbled which made you dash out your room to close the door.

Once you returned, you were going back to continue what you were doing until you say Rui sitting on your chair, examining all the papers.

"Hey! What do you think you're doing Mr. Kamishiro?" you asked placing a hand on your hip.

"Nothing Mr/Mrs/Mx. L/N" he said still looking at the papers. "Isn't this the pen I let you borrow yesterday..?" He asked.

"No, of course not..haha.." you said taking it up and pushing it in your pocket, "Now, will you get up so I can finish my work sir??" You asked.

"You've been working on these almost all week, you've canceled all our plans together for about 2 weeks now cause of all this, and most of it is due a few months from now anyway" he said, "cmon you have to have at least make time for your bestest boyfriend of all time, Rui Kamishiro??" He grinned.

"You do have some points there.." you mumbled just loud enough for him to hear, "but if I don't do this, everyone will be disappointed in me, they won't believe I'm actually worth anything unless I finish all this." You frowned.

"Y/n. You're already amazing how you are. There is no need to go out of your way to impress people that don't like you for you." He said as he held one of your hands. "What do you say we go on a walk to clear your mind?? We could stop by at Phoenix Wonderland if you want!" He smiled.

You were honestly shocked but you agreed, and you were glad you did because you two had the best time together, maybe it was a good idea to take a break every now and then after all. <3

Author's note
Requested by: @AnEmoScara
SORRY IF ITS KINDA RUSHED.. 😭😭
I STILL HAVENT STARTED STUDYING FOR MY TESTS TOMORROW
I SHOULD PROBABLY DO THAT THOUGH..💀

WORD COUNT: 728 WORDS