~1~

Gem

It's was a nice day to make a trade. The sun was shining, the bees were buzzing, the grass was-

"Gem? Did you even hear me?!" asked Katherine, annoyed.

I had not. "I...no, sorry. What were you saying?"

"I was asking how much wool you want for four stacks of honeycomb?"

Ah yes, the deal. "What do you think is sufficient?"

"Four for four?" she asked.

"Deal." I said decidedly, throwing her the honeycomb. Four stacks was more than enough!

"Bye then!"

"Goodbye!" I flew off. What a nice girl. I would be sure to trade with her again soon. For now though, a trip to the deep dark was necessary. I needed that swift sneak enchant.

I arrived back to my house, but something was...off. Why was the entire thing covered in orange?! Don't get me wrong, I love orange, but what the hell?!

I saw a figure the at the front of my house. "Oh no...um, hi Gem." Scott said. I landed gently on the pavement, gracefully folded up my wings, and proceeded to yell at Scott.

"Who did this! Was it you?! I'll have you know I'm in an alliance with the law! I could-"

"God, Gem! Calm down! It was my llama."

Calm down? Calm down?! "What do you mean, calm down?! This is going to take forever to clean!" I looked around. My empire! It's entirely covered in the most horrible shade of orange!

"I'm so, so sorry Gem, but seriously, it was my llama. He's been turned into a human and proceeded to take over my empire, and now apparently yours..."

"Well?! Where is he now?!"

"I...I don't know." 

What? "What do you mean?!"

"He just sort of...ran off!"

"Alright, I want you to get out of my empire and take that llama with you. I have some cleaning up to do." I sighed. 

He nodded and ran off towards my barn. I sighed again. I guess I needed to this clean up now...

After many, many hours, my empire has been turned back to it's normal colour. I could finally go to the deep dark. I stepped out the front door and it immediately started pouring rain. Typical. Oh well, I would be underground anyway. I flew off.

Soon, I reached Gobland. This was the best and safest place to enter the deep dark. I flew through the tunnel, which probably wasn't safe considering the amount of hanging lights, and landed on a balcony overlooking the giant cave. It was decorated with aged and raw copper, and mangrove wood structures, with houses and buildings built into the walls. I took time to look at the view.

I spotted deep dark in the corner of the cave, so I rose into the air and flew towards it. Out of the corner of my eye, I glanced a flash of light pink. It looked very out of place in this darkness. I turned towards the colour and realised it was not just a colour, but a human. 

Wearing the exact same outfit as Katherine.

But what would a princess be doing lying on the bottom of a cave? I had to investigate. As I got closer, I realised that she wasn't moving. Was she asleep? Or worse? I landed gently next to her. I rolled her over, onto her back. She was a dead weight.

"Katherine?" I whispered. "Katherine?"

She didn't speak. 

"Katherine!" Was she breathing? I didn't think she was. 

"Katherine." I had given up. I could tell that she had been dead for at least an hour. 

There was nothing I could do.

Well, that's unfortunate, isn't it. Chapter 2 coming soon :D

Planning on doing 12 chapters, one from each POV, and possibly a 13th right at the end from Katherine's POV about what really happened.

Have a wonderful (insert time of day)!

-minimushr00m