~5~

Scott

I sat on the roof of my brightly coloured manor, staring up at the sky. I'd climbed out through the clock face, which I'd discovered had a tiny gap in it. Now I had found the perfect place for cloud watching, a nice open space on the left-hand side.

It was a pretty good thinking space as well. It had been an interesting week, to say the least. One murder one night, and two attempted murders the next.

God, this killer must have been really annoyed now.

I sighed and looked away. I hoped that Oli and Gem were okay, however I really couldn't care less about Joel. He'd tried to blame me for murder just six months ago, he was the one who'd started all this hatred towards me.

It's his own fault he's dead, I thought. He's just too unlikable, and quite frankly an easy target. If one were to find the right weapon.

I continued to stare up at the clouds, smiling as fWhip flew past. He landed in Joel's megabase, quite clearly looting it without permission. I laughed. fWhip would do anything for gold, and quite frankly, Joel deserved it.

In fact...

What was stopping me from flying over there right now and helping the goblin clear out the place?

Honestly, nothing. I stood up and jumped off the roof, activating my elytra. I flew the short distance to Stratos and walked into the megabase.

"Morning." I said to fWhip, who was rooting through some barrels just inside the door.

He turned. "Scott, hey! It... isn't what it looks like-"

"No, I'm here for the same reason." I said.

It took me a second to realise that the words 'it isn't what it looks like' were quite clearly the words I had spoken just six months previously as I stood over Jimmy's dead body.

A single tear rolled down my cheek and my lungs felt as if they had been filled with sand.

"Oh... Scott, I'm so sorry-" fWhip said, realising what he had said and whom he had said it to. "I don't think before I speak."

I nodded feebly. "Its okay."

He smiled faintly and turned back to the stack of barrels. I watched as he collected as many things as he could and slip out the door. He locked eyes with me.

"You saw nothing. And if you say you did... there'll be consequences."

I laughed under my breath. As if a tiny goblin man could kill me. I nodded my goodbye as he took off into the air, off to no doubtedly enjoy a nice herbal tea over in Gobland.

I turned back towards the chests and decided to raid everything there was. Maps of all the other empires and candles of protection, love, death and everything in between.

My eyes unfocused from the loot as I thought.

My interaction with fWhip had me thinking about Jimmy again, and that was a topic I usually liked to steer my mind from.

I flew down from upper Stratos and landed back in Chromia, walking briskly towards the flower fields. I reached the fence and stared out at the beautiful field of poppies.

Poppies... like...

I put my head in my hands, willing thoughts of Jimmy to just go away. He was dead, what could I do about that?

But if I didn't want to think about him... why had I chosen this field? The field that contained flowers of remembrance, of hope, of loss.

Flowers that reminded me of him.

I sobbed into my arms, leaning against the fence.

How on earth would I ever let him go?

Just as the sobbing had started to ease, a flower petal drifted up from the flowers and fluttered down before my feet.

I looked up to the sky, smiling. The tears dried on my face.

"Hello, Jimmy." I said. "Are you proud of me?"