~5~

Oli

We were inside the Sheriff's office, having what some might call a meeting. But I prefer to refer to this particular event as complete chaos. 

"But...but Jimmy! He held me hostage! Surely you are going to arrest him!" I exclaimed. "Also, could you spare me some of that sandwich?" I asked, eyeing that half eaten chicken roll on the table. "He didn't feed me either."

Jimmy handed me the rest of the roll, which I gratefully bit into. "Oli, I have more important cases on my hands. One innocent soul has been murdered and-"

"Make that two." said False, climbing in through the open window. "Joey has been found dead in the cabin below his ship."

"What! Also, why did you climb in through the window?" asked Jimmy.

"Is that not what I'm supposed to do?"

"No?!" myself and Jimmy exclaimed in unison.

"Oh. Then how do you two go about getting into buildings?"

"Through the flippin FRONT DOOR, PERHAPS?!?!" I exclaimed. What is wrong with this woman?

"Oh. I'll do that then." and with that she jumped out the window again.

"False, wait!" Jimmy exclaimed. "What about Joey!"

"Calm down, calm down. I'm just using your 'front door' that you're so fond of." False said. She opened the door and carefully stepped through it, closing it behind her. "Which is actually much easier to use."

I rolled my eyes as she took a seat next to me at the meeting table. "So, what was this about Joey?"

"Oh, yeah. We found him dead inside his ship. There was a note, supposedly written by him, that explained that he had sinned, he had no right to live anymore. Wait, I have it here." she said, pulling the note out of her pocket and handing it to Jimmy.

He unfolded the note and read it. By the end he was close to tears.

"Not...not another one...gone..." he said "Are you sure this was written by him?"

"No...you could do fingerprint testing on it, I'm wearing gloves and Pix left it on the table." she said. "Comparing handwriting would work too. He signed it, you could check the signature."

"So Pix was also with you? Good. I'll need to interrogate both of you. But for now, this is great evidence, thank you." he said. 

False nodded. "Would you like to interrogate me now?"

"Of course, if that works for you. Oli, I'm going to need you to leave. We can discuss this another time." he said coldly, his eyes practically shoving me towards the door.

I stood up and walked towards the door. No way was I leaving. Who did he think I was? I stayed on the balcony just outside the door, peeping in through the window and straining my ears.

"False, tell me exactly what happened."

"Okay, so I stopped by Pix's place to see if he wanted to come with me to see Joey, who I knew would have been extremely upset by the news. We flew over to Joey's creeper farm and walked from there. We climbed onto the deck of the ship. Just as we did so we heard a thump, which was presumably Joey falling, and a small scream, which would have been him..." she trailed off. I moved my foot slightly. 

"Alright, that sounds reasonable. Did you encounter anything odd in the cabin?"

"Hmmm...no. Just, you know, a dead body..." she trailed off, obviously realising something. "Oh, I'm so stupid, I didn't even look around for a weapon! I don't know how he killed himself! There was a lot of blood, is all I know." she said. I moved my other foot, which was now cramping up.

"That's fine, we can go and investigate that now. However..." Jimmy trailed off, glancing at the window that I was peeking through. I quickly dropped to the ground, begging to god that he didn't see me.

"Oli? Oli! What do you think you're doing?" yelled Jimmy. I heard him stand and run to the door.

I ran for my life. I reached the top of the mesa mountain range. I didn't stop to look behind me before I activated my elytra and took off. Lucky I stole these from fWhip before I was released, or I'd be toast. Jimmy would have no doubt murdered me.

It was well worth it, though. Prisoners like me don't get information. I kept flying south towards my lonely tent. It started to rain.