The Story Game

"Natasha, they want you in the interrogation room", a shield agent said, poking his head around the corner.

"They want me to crack him?" Nat asked hopefully.

But she wouldn't get her wish.

"No, we just want you to stand in the corner whilst one of our other agents questions him. Act uninterested in the situation and don't look at him".

They wanted to break his tactic. If they showed him they didn't care, he might falter. But Nat knew it wouldn't do anything with her just standing there looking like an idiot. But she'd do it anyway. She wanted to get closer to the man, to try and notice anything she hadn't seen yet.

As they entered the room, the man's eyes flicked over, and as promised, Nat looked away, watching the wall as she walked to the far corner and leaned against it.

"What's your name?" The agent asked.

The man stayed silent and faced straight ahead, looking towards the agent, but his eyes never focused on anything.

"Tell us your name, and we won't throw you in a cell to rot".

Nat wasn't even sure the man heard, and the agent obviously thought the same thing as he slammed his fists down onto the table, making a loud bang.
It was astounding when the man didn't even flinch, just continued to stare blankly ahead.
It was like he'd dissociated from the room, which was interesting. They'd taught Nat how to do that in the red room, and some of the high-level S.H.I.E.L.D agents had been taught it too. It was a tactic to help them through long periods of isolation or torture.

A knock came from the other side of the mirror, so the agent sighed and stood up to leave. Nat stayed in the corner and took a moment to look at the man. He was motionless as the door clicked shut, but moments later, he spoke.

"Natalia Romanov".

He still hadn't moved, and his eyes were still facing forward, but Nat knew this would be the time to get some answers.

"What's your name?"

He chuckled. "Oh, I'm not telling you that. I just came here to tell you that was only the start".

"What was only the start? The building? Because that was nothing, you failed".

"So did you", he turned to her now. "But it wasn't completely pointless, two of your teammates are still out there. And once we get them, our plan will be so much easier".

He turned back around and stopped responding again, making Nat furious. She stormed out and said one thing to Maria.

"Find out his name".

*

The leader had called for a meeting with his high-ranking followers to update them on the situation.

"As you all know, our mission a few days ago didn't go completely as planned, but something even better came from it. Captain America and the Winter Soldier are lost in the wilderness. We've sent a team out to search, we will catch them dead or alive and show their bodies on live tv. The world will lose its hope, and we'll go unnoticed".

There was a hum of agreement and sinister smiles as everyone got excited at the prospect.
They'd been planning this for decades now, starting with some Germans who didn't fully believe In the values of Hydra but wanted to point out just how invaluable America was.
In their opinion, the country was run by egotistical assholes that lied to their country. They couldn't protect them just by showing off some superheroes, and so they trained thousands of people from all over the world. They had to be smart and cunning, able to learn everything they were taught, such as fighting and logistics. This is where Hydra went wrong. Sure, they were smart, they infiltrated S.H.I.E.L.D for years without them knowing. But ultimately, they lost because they didn't have patience, they had weak links. But there was none of those here.