Happy Place

"Why can't we just watch the cameras at the time he came in and go back, following his route with other cameras", asked Clint from the wheelchair he'd been banished to.

"We've tried", sighed Maria. "Not all the cameras can see him, he obviously knew where all the blind spots were".

They hadn't had any luck with the man in the interrogation room, and they were resorting to ridiculous ideas because there were really no ideas left.

"Excuse me?" Said a woman from the doorway, gaining everyone's attention. "Tony Stark handed this to me and said I should give it to one of you".

Bruce walked over and took a file from her hands before she turned and left. They all waited as Bruce opened it and read through it.
His brows furrowed, and he threw the opened file onto the table, reading one of the pieces of paper inside it.

"Does this look like the man upstairs?" He asked, turning around a photo.

The hair was longer, and slight stubble grew on his cheeks, but there was no doubt it was the man they had in custody.

"What else is in there?" Nat asked as she jumped up and started rummaging through everything.

Sam and Wanda skimmed over articles about a big company that sold stationery supplies to other offices.

"His name!" Shouted Wanda, making everyone stop instantly. "It says here his name is Walter King".

She passed it around, and sure enough, it had a small ID picture of the man along with his name, age, haughty and other general information.

"I'm still mad at Tony", mumbled Sam. "But this is very helpful".

Everyone silently agreed, annoyed that they still hadn't seen him and got someone else to hand them the information, but it was such a relief to be getting closer.

"Is this company related to the terrorists?" Asked Wanda.

They looked through the papers before Bruce said, "no, I think this is the company's history and a list of managers, everything looks clean".

"We should probably give them a visit, though, shouldn't we?" Smiled Maria.

Clint started to move, but Maria held out her hand.

"No way, you're staying here and helping Bruce go over the rest of these papers. Me, Wanda, Nat and Sam will go, message if you find anything else we should know about".

The others grabbed their coats and jackets and left the room in seconds to go and visit this company's building, which turned out to only be a twenty-minute drive away.

"You lot say nothing until we're in", warned Maria. "We need to be careful we don't scare anyone off, there may be others just like Walter in this company, whether they know of it or not".

They entered through large glass sliding doors into a weirdly extravagant reception area.

"Huh, I guess pens and rulers make a lot of money", whispered Sam.

"Hi there", Maria said to the receptionist. "I was wondering if we could meet the CEO, Anderson, I believe his name is?"

"I'm so sorry", the man replied. "But he doesn't do walk-in appointments, you'll need to make one, and he will be able to see you in a few weeks' time".

Just as Nat thought they'd have to force him by threatening SHIELD against the company, Maria had a much better idea.

"Well, I think he'll want to meet us right away", she leant closer and whispered. "SHIELD is in need of office furniture and equipment in the Stark tower right away".