A Supernova And The Sun

It had felt like hours since the explosion, but in reality, it hadn't even been an hour yet. Everyone busied themselves to try and bring back the sense of routine it had before. Bruce had already set up a new short-term Medbay for everyone injured in the explosion. The worse of which seemed to be Clint.

"Is there any pain when you breathe?" Asked Bruce.

Clint held at his chest as every inhale sent a shot of pain and stopped his breath short.

"Yea, a little".

Bruce checked his heart rhythm with a stethoscope and asked him to blow into a small tube before feeling his chest and ribs for abnormalities.

"You don't have any swelling, but I am going to give you some steroids for the breathing pain".

Clint was actually happy to hear that as he was getting lightheaded from all the short breaths.

"And you didn't tear your stitches, but some dust and debris managed to get under your bandages, so I'm going to start you on a course of antibiotics to prevent infection".

As Bruce was preparing everything he needed, Nat and Tony walked in.

"I need to give you both a checkup because we were all knocked out from the blast".

Tony waved him away, but Nat got it over with and sat on the bed next to Clint.

"How are you doing?" She asked as a bright light shone into her eyes.

Clint winced as he held his thumb and forefinger together in a circle shape and groaned, "peachy. What did you find?"

Nat had been talking to the people on the same floor as the briefcase that day, but no one had seen or heard anything out of the ordinary.

"There was the one fatality that Bruce found. He'd got unlucky, and the wall had fallen on him, but somehow, no one else died. Quite a few injured, but everyone's expected to make it".

She hopped off the bed after Bruce gave her the all-clear as Tony turned from typing on his phone.

"Sam and Wanda are looking through the CCTV footage again and finding someone who can id the man, it'll be quicker than searching the database".

"Do you think he actually worked here or just snuck in?" Asked Clint.

It was a good question that all of them wondered. The group clearly had a lot of ties in a lot of different places, so it was possible, however, the security in the building had been impeccable.... Until about an hour ago.

"It's more likely they were an actual agent", said Tony. "They were mid-level, and if they just sent some guy in, why make it more difficult by getting him a higher security card".

Tony left without getting his health check by assuring Bruce he would get Jarvis to run a scan, despite it not being accurate all the time.

"Oh, and Bruce", Tony called back. "I'm having them make you a new hospital area, bigger than the last one. When the guy comes to ask what you need, just give him a list".

With a dumbfounded face, Bruce watched Nat say goodbye to Clint and leave with Tony.

They met with Sam and Wanda, who were still watching the screen, but they didn't know who the new man was.

"Just waiting on Jim from downstairs. We've already had Sandra and Jake come check, but he's not one of theirs", said Sam.

But then, an older man who Tony assumed was Jim walked in and took a seat by Sam and watched the screen.
Not even ten seconds in, the man gasped.