chapter 3

Kay: I get up to open the door

Devale: Baby, why was the door locked? I've been looking for you all over the house. What's wrong.

Kay: Nothing is wrong, Devale. I just need some alone time to think

Devale: Think about what Kay

Kay: Us Devale and where we go from here I'm at my end and I don't know how much more I can take of the marriage.

Devale: looks like what is going on right now. You were just good last night , and this morning, you want out what is going on, Kay.

Kay: Really D you gonna stand there in my face and act like you don't know what the fuck is wrong oh ok just keep playing dumb mother fucker.

Devale: What the fuck are you talking about Kay.

Kay: Nothing D, why were you looking for me? Is something wrong with me, kids?

Devale: Really Kay you just gonna change the subject like that like yo ass wasn't just n here wigging out on me like what the fuck.

Kay: it doesn't matter anymore, D. I'm about to go to the gym, excuse me as I walk past him to the bathroom closing and locking the door. Standing in front of the mirror, I look at myself, and I don't recognize the person looking back at me. I just break down. This can be the life I'm supposed to be living. As I gather myself and take a shower, I get ready to head to the gym.