Chapter 8: Negativity

As i woke up in the morning i was smiling to myself since Enid was once again sleeping next to me.
I'll be honest i don't know how mrs Thornhill hasn't noticed the fact that Enid has been sleeping here but hey i don't mind.
Xavier was already gone by the time i woke up so i assume he's in his art shed.
Ofcourse i wasn't about to wake up Enid so i grabbed my phone and started looking through instagram.
As i was scrolling i suddenly realised i never added her on instagram, so i searched up her name.
I found a few but her profile stood out since it was her on a bright pink backround.
 I sent her a friend request and started looking through her profile.
And damn was it a treat.

I was just pleasing my eyes when suddenly Enid woke up.
"What are you doing?" she asks trying to look at my phone.
I quickly switched from instagram to tiktok.
"Oh uh just watching some tiktok." i said looking at her.
"No what were you actually doing?" she asks with a slight grin.

"How long were you awake?" i ask nervous.
"Long enough." she says with a smile.
"Maybe i should block you for stalking." she says winking at me before walking into the bathroom.
I just sat there pretty embaressed.

After 20 minutes Enid came out of the bathroom.
I walked in after her and got ready.
It took me a good 40 minutes but i eventually got out.
"Isn't it weird that mrs Thornhill hasn't said anything about you not being in your own dorm." i said walking out of the bathroom.
"I guess but i don't really mind, i like spending time with you." she said with a smile.
"I was about to call you a massive simp but i'm not any better." i said chuckling.
"Oh one more thing before we leave." i said grabbing her arm.
"What is is?" she asks confused.

"I told my parents about us yesterday and they want to talk to you." i said which caused Enid to look at me surprised.

"Only if you're comfortable with that ofcourse." i said reasuring her.
"Can i answer in a few hours?" she asks.

"Ofcourse take your time." i said grabbing her hand and walking out.

I was now sitting at a table with my parents talking to them but i couldn't focus since the moment from this morning kept replaying in my head.
'Did i make her uncomfortable?'

'Is she ignoring me?'

'Did i mess up?'

'Does she hate me now?'

As i was thinking about this my father suddenly poked me in my side.

"Hey are you ok? You've been staring at that wall for a good 10 minutes." He says looking worried.

"I-i'm fine... Just thinking about something." i answered.

"If you want to talk just now me and your mother are always here for you." my father said with a smile.

"Yea i know.." i said returning the smile.
Suddenly i heard a woman yelling..

"ENID FOR GOD SAKE YOU SHOULD BE FOCUSING ON WOLFING OUT NOT ON BOYS!" Enid's mother yells.
I could see Enid tear up and storm off.
"YEA GO AWAY AND STAY AWAY! IT'S BETTER FOR THIS FAMILLY!" he mother yelled again before sitting back down,.

I couldn't just let her mother talk to her that way so i stood up and walked over to her.
"Do you have any idea how great of a woman Enid is?" i ask annoyed looking down on her mother.

"No she's a huge dissapointment." her mother said cutting her steak.

"No the only dissapointment here is you!" i said raising my voice.
"Enid is constantly crying at night because she wants to do right by you and just be loved! And here you are driving her straight into the ground!" i yelled causing her mother to stand up.
"The audacity to talk to me like that!" her mother said annoyed.
I just stood there unfased still looking annoyed.
"You should stay clear of me, i can gut you with one stroke." she said trying to sound threatning.
"The only thing you're cutting is your damn steak." i said annoyed pushing her back into her chair and walking off in the direction Enid ran off in.
I look back at my parents just before leaving only to see them smiling and mouthing me to go.