Chapter 17: Myne's Trap

Mirai Iwatani Level: 40

Kenta level: 40

"It's been too long," I comment, motioning to stand, "They should be on their way out by now,"

"You're worrying too much Mirai," Kenta says as he rolls side to side in his demon form.

"Maybe," I say finding myself pacing back and forth, "I know it was my idea to observe and stay put," the wind whistles by, "What was I thinking? I should've followed him in,"

"Just relax and enjoy the scenery," he plays with his ears, "Besides if something was wrong I'm sure Nagisa or Minato would let you know,"

"Good idea," I press the radio clipped around my neck.

"That's not what I meant,"

"Minato, what's the situation?" I ask.

"I haven't seen anybody, either the bandits or Motoyasu's party," he replies.

"What? How is that even possible?"

"I got through, finally!" Nagisa comments.

"Nagisa what do you mean by that?"
"I lost radio contact about halfway through the hideout," she explains, "What the hell have you been doing Minato?" Nagisa shouts as what sounds like clashing blades dance in the background.

"Surveillance, what else,"

"Is that so," she pauses, "Then why aren't you here?!"

"What're you talking about?!" Minato argues, "I've searched the whole hideout from bottom to top and I saw nothing!"

"Minato, can you check for barriers of any kind?" I say.

"I can," he pauses.

"Hurry up good for noth-ergh-ing brother!" Nagisa yells, "Onis left!"

"Lady Mirai, I've located a barrier and the source," he informs me.

"Do you know where the source is?"

"I do,"

"Then make your way there, Kenta and I are on the way," I say as I slide down the slope of the hill.

"Understood," Minato says.

"Alright time for action!" Kenta jumps in the air performing a flip and landing in his demi form as he skids down the side of the hill.

"I thought all you wanted to do was chillax?" I say.

"I do, but nothing is more chillaxing than a good fight to get the blood pumping," he takes the lead.

"It seems you were right Mirai," Nagisa comments, as more attacks sound off, "The bandits were in cahoots with some wealthy salesperson or something. They were in the middle of trafficking demi-humans and humans,"

"Is Motoyasu's party with you?"

"They are keeping the enemy at bay, Onis and I are protecting the prisoners." the situation plays through my mind, then that means the source of the barrier is either one of the party members to keep me out, or it was cast by the enemy. If it was cast by an enemy then- I jump the last length of the hill.

"Nagisa, watch your back it's possible that there is more to this than meets the eye," I say as we approach the entrance used by Motoyasu's party, "Minato, as soon as the barrier is down, go assist the others. We'll be right behind you guys, just give direct-" my words are cut short, as my body goes weightless. I raise my hand toward the sky.

"Mirai!" our hands clasp each other's wrists, surprised I glance into the void below.

"Where did this hole come from?" I ask.