Chapter 11: Prosperity and Health OR Drought and Poverty?

Mirai Iwatani: Level 27

Kenta: Level 27

"No thanks I'd rather not involve myself with the Shield." Itsuki comments and starts walking away.

"Itsuki wait" I say placing a hand on his shoulder, he glares at me "I left the Shield's party."

"Oh? Why's that?" he asks, "Couldn't stand to be near the devil?" I grab his shoulders and shake him silly.

"Take that back you brat! If anyone's a devil here it's you three!"

"Ahem, Mirai." Kenta nudges me out of my thoughts. I meet Itsuki's gaze.

"I thought it would be a good idea to see other parties fight."

"Even his sister couldn't stand to be near him." Itsuki smirks to himself.

"So can we join you on this quest?"

"Sure, but I warn you it's going to be really short." Itsuki stated confidently.

"We look forward to it." I smile as he and I seal the deal.

"Level 27, it's a good thing you're not as weak as you look." He comments, why I outta-!

"Don't underestimate me, Itsuki." I cross my arms in annoyance, "Let's get back on track shall we, when are you planning on heading out?"

"Tomorrow morning." Itsuki states I glance at Kenta, he yawns.

"Alright then," Kenta coughs out a butterfly and tries to re-capture it, Kenta you're embarrassing yourself, So much more "not a kid anymore", I return my attention to Itsuki.

"We'll meet here tomorrow morning." I confirm.

"You're not the leader of this party, you don't get to make that decision." Itsuki says spitefully.

"No, I'm not" I agree, "Why would you think that? I'm just con-." the door closes, "And he's gone, geez just how on earth can he be one of the four."

"Just because his attitude isn't what you'd expect"

"Actually, it's just as I expected he's a teenager after all." Kenta flicks my nose, "Ow, what the heck?"

"Don't interrupt me." he states.

"Says you who interrupted me by spitting-." I retort, his cheeks flush pink.

"Ta, ta, ta, ta! That doesn't matter!" he shouts, "Besides if I interrupt you there's no harm now is there."

"What a childish thing to say Mr. Adult." I tease.

"Sh-Shut up!" he clears his throat, "Anyway I was going to say that his actions might be more heroic then his personality."

"Nice segway." I reply as we walk out of the restaurant, "I just hope you're right."

We arrived back at our hotel room I lay on the bed and resumed the book I was started. Barely into the chapter before I close it, roll onto my stomach and place my face upon the pillow. "Kenta" I complain, "What time is it?"

"About 12:30, one o'clock ish." he replies.I shoot up and turn to him.

"Are you kidding me?!?" unfazed he moves the curtain to the side and takes a peak, "Nope."

"There's still plenty of daylight!"

"What about it?" Kenta questions.

"If Itsuki was given a request wouldn't it be best to get it done as soon as possible?"

"Stop complaining, I for one don't mind relaxing." He says.

"No surprise there." I comment, "With practically the whole day ahead of us, we could've started making our way towards the destination."