Chapter 25: The 5 Cardinal Heroes United???

Mirai Iwatani Level: 41

As the bolt of light charges toward us, Naofumi runs to the edge, raising his shield. He grates his teeth as he increases our defense. I hold out my hands.

"Save it, Mirai!" Naofumi shouts through the strain.

"Take this, then," I respond as I place my hand on his back, closing my eyes and casting a defense buff onto him.

"The impact's making my arms go numb," he mutters through gritted teeth.

"Almost done," I say as the attack fades.

"I must say, even for a devil, you are pretty tough," Balmus says, "But the time for testing has come to an end. I look forward to exacting God's judgment," his twisted smile stretches further as the weapon glows. I bite my cheek; as long as he has the support of those mages, I'm afraid this might be a losing battle. But if I can get up there and knock out some of the followers, there's a chance. The glow brightens as the sword lengthens into a spear, while the weapon's charging is my only window. I grab my sketchbook.

"Naofumi cover me," I state as I draw a portal. He steps in front of me, blocking me from Balmus' view.

"Is this the plan you mentioned?"

"It is," I reply as I finish the drawing. Hopefully, it will turn things in our favor." The portal peels off the page, beginning to form behind me. I reach into my pouch for a potion. "I'm leaving everything to you until I return." He nods, returning his attention to the problem at hand.

"Be careful." I nod as I step into the portal.

I step out to find myself exactly where I planned.

"That's a lot of followers. I may have underestimated them," I comment at the sheer ocean of black expanding before me. "How the hell did that bastard create such a large following? Do all these people truly believe the heroes are at fault for everything?" I shake my head. "No time to be asking these questions. Focus. The others are counting on me." I cast an invisibility spell onto my weapons, followed by a mute spell.

"Minato, Nag-" I correct myself, "Onis," They appear beside me.

"At your service, Milady," Minato greets with a bow. "What's the plan?" I look into his eyes.

"I was created to aid you, and that is what I will do." He meets my gaze. "I've made my peace and have come to a decision that," he smiles, "There isn't any better way to honor my sister than fighting."

"You're right." I agree, as I pet Onis's chin.

"So?"

"See them," I point down the field, "We need to knock out as many of them as possible before the Pope or anyone else notices. I've muted my weapons and will take an invisibility potion to further mask my presence." I explain, "When I rejoin the others, I want the two of you to stay up here and continue reducing numbers, even saving those who have already fallen. There is a chance they can still be saved." I take out my sketchbook and quickly draw potions. When finished, I flip my book upside down and shake it, dropping the bottles onto the ground. "Take these and give them to the fallen. I don't want anyone to die."

"Understood," Minato nods as he rolls out a blank scroll, followed by hand signs as the bottles disappear. He rolls it up, stands up, and places it in his butt pouch. While I grab a potion from my pouch, remove the cork, and drink.

"Let's go." Minato jumps onto Onis' back, running to the left.

"For an added measure," I comment as I draw Meowls (a hybrid between cats and owls). They appear in front of me and rub their faces against mine, "Alright, alright, now's not the time for cuddles," I tell them as I point to the field, "We'll knock them down, and you guys will put them to sleep." they nod and fly off in different directions. Loud blasts sound from the distance and muffled yells from the others. I charge into the fray, switching between my weapons.