Chapter 13: Mirai's Death

Mirai Iwatani Level 38

Kenta Level 39

A month later. . .

"What the hell happened to him?!" Itsuki questions as he and the other heroes look over their shoulders to see Naofumi overtaken by flames and darkness. He lifts his head revealing his eyes to be red with rage as he lets out a war cry.

"What's wrong with him?" Ren questions.

"Look, over there!" Motoyasu announces Raphtalia turns to find Filo on fire and her eyes glowing.

"Filo's being affected by the dragon zombie too?!" Raphtalia observes, as both her and Naofumi charge the soul eater. Naofumi slams his shield into the monster as the flames pass from his shield onto the monster. As his rage continues to rise, What do I do? I can't reach them, I'm powerless. Please. . someone!

An intertwining mint and crimson streak strikes the soul eater.

"Who was that?" Ren questions.

"Well, well looks like we got here just in time," a familiar devilish voice appears.

"Kenta?!" Raphtalia questions as he lands in front of her, he stands up and glances over his shoulder.

"Yo Raphtalia, did ya miss me?" He smirks.

"Not a chance in hell," Raphtalia replies.

"Oh, don't be like that," he says, drawing his bow as he returns his attention to the monster.

"After this wave is done," Mirai comments, Raphtalia turns as Mirai walks past her, "your going to pay for that stunt you pulled,"

"It worked didn't it," Kenta replies as he draws his bow and fires another crimson arrow.

"Either way, what you did was evil," Mirai argues.

"Thank goodness," Raphtalia comments.

"First things first," She performs a quick survey with her gaze before she draws her guns.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Itsuki questions

"Isn't it obvious," She aims her gun and fires, green goo gushes from the soul eater's right eye, "I'm a Cardinal Hero of course," She comments, "Now are you three morons just going to stand there and do nothing? Or are you going to fight?" She glances at them.

"We don't take orders from you," Itsuki replies.

"Suit yourselves if you ask me it appears that you're too scared to fight," the soul eater glares at Mirai, "Minato, Nagisa go for it," She states.

"Yes milady," Minato says as they both materialise and rush forwards, alongside Kenta.

"Might as well stay back and cower," She comments as she runs up to Naofumi, "Naofumi!" He doesn't respond, she dodges the monster's attack and slashes at the beast with her spear, he's in this state again, she bites her lip, last time he was like this, she peers at Raphtalia.

"Watch out!" Raphtalia warns, Mirai pushes Naofumi out of the way as the soul eater strikes with its tail, she deflects the attack and proceeds to stab its tail into the boat. The monster lets out a cry.

"That was a close one," she replies, "Raphtalia," Raphtalia faces her, "It's up to you, we'll keep it distracted," she runs into the fray.

"Jeez, this monster is quite the challenge," Kenta lands beside Mirai.

"Too much for you to handle?" She smirks as she swings her spear up the middle of the beast.

"You wish it was," Kenta argues and transforms to his demon prince form proceeding to scratch and slash with his talons of flame. Raphtalia looks between Naofumi and Mirai feeling helpless, what did Mirai mean by that? Naofumi lets out another cry.