Chapter 5: Melromarc, The Kingdom of Royal Trash

Mirai Iwatani Level: 22

Kenta Level: 23

"Lady Mirai'' a familiar but not familiar voice calls for me. "Lady Mirai, wake up it's morning." I groan and slowly open my eyes, seeing a uniquely handsome face of maroon, and mint green. "Lady Mirai." I blink and the face comes into clear view. Surprised, I shot upwards.

BANG!!!!!

"Ow, ow, ow." I comment as I rub my forehead tears on the edge of my eyes.

"Why'd you shoot up like that!" The young man shouts glaring at me, "I was right above you damn it and now I have a headache!"

"I'm sorry but who are you?" I ask and look around the room, "What did you do with Kenta?!"

"Huh?!" The young man replies, "I am Kenta."

"Don't lie! Kenta is a teenager and he calls me big sis, not lady!" I argue, "Tell me what you did with him, if you don't I'll-"

"I thought you were smarter than this." The man cuts me off.

"Excuse me?" He meets my gaze, lets out a sign, as a red cloud of smoke surrounds him. "What the?" The smoke dissipates revealing Kenta's demon form.

"Kenta?" I say he smiles and another cloud surrounds him and dissipates his form now that of a 20 year old man.

"I'm an adult now so calling you big sis doesn't feel right." Kenta comments.

"Wait, what just happened? If you really are Kenta, explain why you look older."

"It is pretty simple really. As both demon demi-human creatures, and your regular everyday demi-human level up from being children we become instant adults in the blink of an eye." He explains. "Now what do you have to say for yourself?"

"I apologize Kenta." I say his tail swishes back and forth.

"I forgive you." He smiles, "Anyway, what's the plan?"

"We head for Melramarc and meet up with the Cardinal Heroes." I explain, maybe Naofumi is one of them which would make finding him so much easier.

"Then we start getting a move on." Kenta says and stands up.

"I agree, but before that we should do one loop around the village outskirts. Sound good?"

"As long as I get to kill some monsters." He comments.

"Are you sure you're not a child anymore?" I say as I stand up.

"100%." He says confidently.

We leave the hotel, perform our round and return to Lute. As we approach the village gate we are stopped by the family of four that I saved.

"Are you really leaving Miss Hero?" The girl asks.

"I am."

"Can't you stay a little longer?" The brother asks.

"We can't keep Mirai to ourselves, I'm sure she's off to save another distressed family." The mom says, I smile kindly, walk over and kneel.

"Your mom is right." I pat their heads, "And since I'm leaving it is up to you two to protect your family. As the man you must get stronger." I refer to the brother and give him a wooden short sword.

"Thank you." He thanks and takes the weapon. I ruffle his hair before turning to the girl and taking off my necklace.

"Take this."

"Pretty." She says.

"Will you keep it safe for me?" She nods and holds it over her heart, "Alright it's time for us to head out now." I stand up and we start walking away