Chapter 8: Explanations, Fight. Questions, Answers? Find them Yourself

Mirai Iwatani Level: 25

Kenta Level: 26

"I-" he starts.

"Wait, hold on!" I look around the area and point, ""Under that tree, looks nice." we walk over and take a seat, "Now that we're comfortable, I'm all ears."

"After I was summoned to the castle" he starts to explain.

1 hour later. . .

". . ."

"Mirai?"

"I can't believe those assholes would do that." I comment, "Have you tried clearing your name?"

"Of course I have but no one listens." he says, I sigh.

"If only I was summoned alongside you three." I say, "I could've done something."

"Don't bother, all they think about is rewards and money. And now that you've been labeled a witch they won't listen to you either." he states.

"I'm aware, but I'm not going to give up." I reply, "If I don't succeed in unifying the Cardinal Heroes this world will perish."

"I just told you that they're too stupid to listen to reason." he tells me, "Motoyasu brainlessly follows Mynes plan, Itsuki and Ren think this is a video game so they don't think about their actions either."

"I thought as much the first time I met them" I agree.

"In order to earn ourselves a ticket home all we have to do is continue to fight the waves, we don't need them." he states I shake my head.

"We can't fight them alone, not you, not me, not anyone" I inform, "I understand where you are coming from and I hate them so much for treating you like shit and accusing you of things I know you would never do." I tell him, "But as the Fifth Hero I can't just take your side, I need to use what I have at my disposal and create Unity."

"How are you going to do that? You're a Witch now, remember? There is a low chance of success."

"I'm not sure yet, but I'll think of something." I reply and give him a smile, "After all it's the one thing I'm good at." He places his hand on my head.

"Good luck, you're going to need it."

"Thanks."

"We killed so many monsters," Kenta comments, drawing our attention towards the path, "Great job Raphtalia, you're really strong."

"I-" Kenta smirks.

"For a girl."

"Hey!" Raphtalia argues and Kenta laughs.

"I mean it though, no wonder the Shield Hero chose you." he compliments, she looks at him with a questionable expression.

"I'm not going to believe a thing you said, tricky demon." she says, he shrugs his shoulders.

"What can I say." he smiles.

"Master Naofumi, how'd your conversation go?" Raphtalia asks.

"It went well." he says, grabs the egg, and stands up.

"Will you be joining us, Mirai?" Raphtalia asks.

"I will."

"That's fantastic!" her tails wags ecstatically, "I have some questions to-" she stops as does her tail, "Sorry, I'm getting ahead of myself."

"It's alright, we look forward to fighting alongside you." I say.

"We? As in-" her gaze trails over to Kenta as he salutes her with two fingers.