002. ━ spelling bee champions and sumo wrestlers

chapter two ━ spelling bee champions and sumo wrestlers( season one, episode two )

( season one, episode two )

❝Hey, I made you brownies!❞

𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐎𝐍𝐈𝐂𝐀 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐏𝐔𝐋𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐄𝐗𝐓𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐊𝐒 out of her locker when she heard Milton's excited voice from down the hallway.

"Guys, guys!" She turned around and hugged the books to her chest. "Wanna know who just won the district-wide spelling bee?" he asked and Veronica smiled softly while Jerry shook his head. "Here's a clue; M—E."

"Meh?" Jerry guessed and both Veronica and Kim rolled their eyes.

"It's me, you toad," Milton said and the brunette stifled a chuckle.

Eddie pointed at the item in Milton's hand. "What's that?" he asked and the redhead smiled.

"The trophy I won," he replied, holding it up so they could see it better. "It's a bronze bee."

"I've got fillings bigger than that thing," Kim said and Veronica tilted her head.

"I don't think you want to brag about that," she told her before smiling brightly at the redhead. "Congratulations, Milton!"

He smiled. "Thank you, Ronnie. I rode a little filly named 'perspicacious' all the way to the finish line," he said while pretending to gallop on a horse.

"Milton, sweetie, don't do that," she told him, touching his shoulder. "It doesn't look good."

He nodded. "Okay. Now come on, who's the man?" he asked, looking around at his friends. "Who's the man?"

"Jack is the man!"

Veronica looked behind her to see the high school principal walking into the common area of the school with Jack. The rest of the school—except for Milton and Veronica—gathered around them.

"Jack! Jack! Jack!" they began chanting.

"Now thanks to Jack's routine, we've won our first gymnastics trophy in fifteen years!" their principal announced and Veronica clapped, though with much less enthusiasm than the rest of the school. She was proud of Jack and what he had done, but nobody else had that same enthusiasm for Milton.

Jack shrugged. "It wasn't really a routine," he said. "I was just trying to move fast enough so no one would notice I was wearing a unitard." Just then, two members of the gymnastics team walked by and Veronica pressed her lips together to keep herself from laughing; he wasn't wrong. "When you're wearing one of those things, even when you win, you lose."

"You know..." Milton stepped forward with his little trophy. "I just won the first spelling bee our school has ever—"

"Hey, show us what you did to win, Jack," Eddie said, interrupting Milton who sighed and pressed his lips together.