005. ━ costumes and friendships

chapter five ━ costumes and friendships( season one, episode five )

( season one, episode five )

❝I'll go with you. But I will not
be an elf.❞

"𝐆𝐔𝐘𝐒, 𝐇𝐔𝐆𝐄 𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐁𝐋𝐄𝐌," 𝐉𝐄𝐑𝐑𝐘 𝐒𝐀𝐈𝐃, walking into the dojo while everyone was stretching, Veronica doing the splits on the floor. "Kelsey Vargas, the coolest girl in school is on her way down here."

"Don't panic," Jack told everyone making Kim and Veronica glance at each other. "We've trained for this. Guys, bust out the emergency deodorant."

Veronica rolled her eyes and moved to stand beside Kim. "I don't need deodorant," Jerry said with a frown while the boys went to their lockers.

"We all need deodorant," Milton replied. "We're teenage boys. Our bodies are a smorgasbord of smells."

"How is this our life?" Veronica whispered to Kim who shrugged.

"We chose to do karate," she whispered back.

"I don't take any chances," Eddie said and the girls looked at him. "I'm wearing a necklace of air fresheners right now." He pulled out a string of air fresheners and Veronica furrowed her brows. "This week, I'm Alpine Meadow."

She shook her head. "Should have done ballet..." she muttered.

Jerry turned to her and Kim. "I told Kelsey I was a martial arts expert and the youngest sensei in history." Rudy walked out of his office and handed the boy his sparring helmet while the two girls moved to the side of the mats. "Oh, Rudy, Kelsey's on her way. Dude, please hook me up with that black belt."

"You can't have this belt," he said with a frown. "It's a symbol of hard work, honor, and respect."

"Then why did you use it to walk your dog?" Veronica asked, leaning against the lockers and looking at her uncle.

"That was one time and it was an emergency!" he told her and she shrugged. "I had a pug with the squirts and a new white carpet. Look, can we stop talking and get to sparring, please?" She sighed and pushed herself away from the lockers. "Jerry, you're up against Kim; Milton, you're with Jack; and Eddie, you're with Ronnie."

"Ronnie?!" Eddie looked over at the girl who was landing from the flip she had done and he swallowed nervously. "Uh—hold on. My phone's vibrating. You know, I hate to be that guy, but—hello?"

Veronica crossed her arms. "That's your wallet."

"Please!" Eddie held up a hand and walked away. "Can you hear me now?"

She let out a breath and walked over to the bench, sitting down with her legs crossed. "Come on, guys, let's go!" Rudy said, clapping.

Just as Kim and Jerry were about to start sparring, Kelsey walked in and Veronica tilted her head. "Hi, Jerry."