010. ━ bittersweet memories and skateboarding gone wrong

chapter ten ━ bittersweet memories and skateboarding gone wrong( season one, episode fourteen )

( season one, episode fourteen )

❝Just don't kill him, okay? Not
today of all days...❞

"𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐂𝐀𝐍 𝐃𝐎 𝐈𝐓, 𝐉𝐀𝐂𝐊!" Milton cheered while he and Veronica were sitting in the courtyard of the mall. The brunette turned her head to watch Jack skate to the opposite side of the area just as Rudy walked out of the dojo.

"What's going on?" he asked.

Kim looked over. "Jack's about to do a hippie jump over the chair, and then a 360 flip into an Ollie," she replied and Veronica shrugged when Rudy looked at her for an explanation.

He looked down and frowned. "That's not Ollie, that's Phil. And he's gonna get killed."

"I got this, baby," Phil said, looking at the dojo owner from his flat position on the concrete. "First job in my country, I was speed bump."

Veronica blinked and shook her head. "Every time I learn about his country, the more scared of it I get."

Just then, Jack skated in. He jumped over a chair and landed on his skateboard before flipping over Phil. Veronica let out a breath of relief when she saw he didn't land on the falafel man and gave him a high-five.

"Mind if I snag your ax and take it for a scrape?" Rudy asked, trying to act cool and Veronica crossed her arms. Jack looked at him in confusion. "It... Skateboard," he said in annoyance. "Can I borrow your skateboard?"

"Have you ever ridden one before, Rudy?" Jack asked, holding up his skateboard and looking at his sensei doubtfully.

"No."

Rudy glared at his niece who smiled innocently. "I'm a third-degree black belt, I think I can handle a little rolling toy."

"Okay," Jack said with a shrug and gave him the skateboard. "Knock yourself out."

"Not literally!" Veronica added, standing next to Milton. "He didn't mean it literally." Rudy frowned at her before stepping on the skateboard and immediately flying onto his back. Veronica grimaced.

"I think he just knocked himself out," Eddie said and Veronica shook her head.

"Not yet..." she muttered. The skateboard fell on top and she sighed with a nod. "Now he is. Would you believe me if I said this isn't the first time this has happened?"

___________________________

"𝐑𝐎𝐍𝐍𝐈𝐄, 𝐈 𝐃𝐈𝐃𝐍'𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐊 𝐘𝐎𝐔 would be here today," Rudy said as the group of karate students walked inside the dojo and he found his niece.

She shrugged halfheartedly. "Can't live in the past forever. It's just any other day..."

He nodded. "Okay. Guys, I've got a very big surprise," he told the group as Veronica walked further into the building and set down her belongings in her locker.