Chapter Thirteen

I woke up technically for the second time that morning, thankfully without having another weird dream like before. As my senses returned to my sleepy self I realised someone or something was touching my hair.

I turned slightly and looked back to see Scaramouche was running his hands softly through my hair. "Good morning." He mumbled a greeting but continued focusing on my hair, twirling it, braiding and unbraiding it, and simply just combing through it with his hands.

"Good morning... What are you doing there?" It was king of amusing seeing him do something so normal after witnessing some of the other shit he was capable off. "Your hair looked soft. I wanted to touch it so I did, and now I've been here for a few minutes. I used to always braid Eis hair when I was little." he smiled a little and it made me squeal internally seeing him happy again.

"Where is my psycho aggressive murderer gone and what you done to him?" I laughed but he narrowed his eyes slightly. "It's not like I care or anything but.... I am sorry for putting you through all that when you got here." He whispered it slightly as if he really didn't wanna say it but knew he needed to or something.

"I-it's fine. I mean that was a month ago you've changed now... Plus if I was really that scared of you I don't think I would've allowed uh.... Yesterday, to uh happen-" a wide grin spread across his face at me getting embarrassed and shy talking about our little game yesterday.

"Haha, I bet your just upset I didn't finish the deed~" my face burned at that insinuation "oh don't worry, I'll get you back for that one." He just chuckled at my half haphazard threat, but little did he know I was being dead serious.

"But seriously thank you for being willing to give me a second chance... even some of the maids and soldiers in the castle have said I seem nicer and happier for some reason." I smiled softly at this as I turned around to face him fully.

"Awww I make you happy?" He groaned and rolled his eyes as he got up "I take it back, shut up." I just continued laughing "Nope no take backs! Im the little sunshine you needed in your life." He rolled his eyes again and began getting dressed. "First of all never say that again I will cut all contacts with you, second of all your more like a dimly lit star."

I smirked and threw a pillow at him to which he caught and hurled back at me. "Rude." I huffed out as I lay back on the soft bedsheets. "Yeah but you love it~" he called back as he left the room to go discuss check out at the front desk. I eventually got up and also began getting dressed, the dream had now come back to my memory and I was beginning to wonder what it meant.

I mean I know it was just a weird dream but it felt kind of like it could've actually happened had the required events played out. I finished putting on my cargo pants I usually wore and just removed the random thoughts from my head, I mean there was no point in dwelling on this when I couldn't possibly figure out what it meant.

"Hey you ready?" Scaramouche walked back in and looked me up and down. "Aye aye boss!" He grinned at that and moved towards me "You know sometimes I forget I'm your boss~" I deadpanned at those words and ignored him as I walked out "Oh come on I was joking!"

We bickered like this the entire way until we were just about to walk outside. He grabbed my hand once again before we stepped out, this time I latched my hand around his aswell and enjoyed the comforting feeling. "Awww this is so cute, the psycho 6th Harbinger finally has a girlfriend."

A man appeared from the shadows of a building as we were making our way down the street. Scaramouche looked annoyed until he spied who exactly had said it. It was a reasonably short man with white hair tied back in a ponytail that had a single red streak decorating it.

From his attire he looked like an Inazuman wanderer, and despite what he had said sounding harsh, he held a soft smile on his face. "Oh Kazuha, how have you been I haven't seen you since I left Liyue?" Scaramouche begrudgingly began talking to the man and my eyes lit up.