PROLOGUE

Today is the day! After 5 years of hard work. We are finally opening the Sloan Medical clinic in New York City. Six months after the twins were born, Loki kept his promise, and we returned to earth so I could finish my residency. We lived in Seattle until I was done and then I received a once in a lifetime dream offer. Tony Stark offered me my own non-profit medical clinic in New York. The only condition was that Loki and I would occasionally help the Avengers when they needed it. We were both happy to be able to help when we could, so we agreed.

That was about a year ago. And now that dream is about to come true. And Loki was a big part of making it come true. He has been such a blessing these past five years. Not once did he complain about the late hours or the time I did not spend at home with him and the kids. He has completely taken the Fatherhood role to heart. Unlike me, he did not miss any of the big childhood milestones. He made sure to capture them all for me on video, but I still feel like I've let them down. But not anymore. After today's opening, life for my family would be more normal, I hope. I'm putting the finishing touches on my speech when Loki comes into the office with the kids.

"Mommy!" My twins runs over to me for a hug.

"Hey kiddos. How are we today?"

Our 4-year-old twins start rambling. After Lexi and Tom were born, we quickly learned that they also possessed their father's Seidhr. One too many disappearing Nannies and diapers were a clear sign. So since we would be staying on Earth, Loki and I decided that we would have to suppress the twins' powers until they could be properly trained when they were older. Lexi and Tom, the apples of our eyes. Lexi, named after Meredith's sister and Mark's wife, looks more like her dad, dark raven hair and pale skin. Tom, named after my dad,  looks more like me, red curly hair and freckles. They both had our green eyes. Character wise they were the opposite, Lexi, is more like me, a bit a of goofball, but very courageous and headstrong. Tom is a bit more like Loki, shy and quiet but extremely intelligent and quick-witted.

"Mommy, when does your party start?" Lexi asks me, all excited.

"Soon sweetie, we are just waiting on uncle Tony to arrive."

Loki comes over to me and gives me a quick kiss.

"How are you doing, Darling?"

"Well, I'm excited, nervous, happy, nauseous." And then I lean in and whisper in his ear. "And extremely horny."

"Oh, you have no idea." Loki replies with a chuckle and his gorgeous smile. "I managed to convince Pepper and Tony into a sleepover tonight. Isn't that right, my Bairns? Sleepovers at Morgan's?

"Yes! Uncle Tony promised us he would help us build a fort!"

Over the past five years, we have become very close with the Starks. The twins love Morgan and they love spending time with her. But more surprisingly to me and everyone, was the bromance between Loki and Tony. Since becoming fathers at the same time, they have been best of friends. Their relationship was adorable, from sharing fatherly advice to involving Loki in the non-profit side of the clinic.

"Is uncle Thor coming today?" Tom asks me while the twins both munch on some goldfish crackers.

"Yes he is. And they should all be here already." I'm starting to get worried. Where is everyone? Loki notices my worried look. They were supposed to be here 30 minutes ago.

"Darling, you know how New York traffic can be. They will be here soon."

Then, all of a sudden, a loud noise comes from outside. It sounded like an explosion.

"Charlotte, stay here with the kids." Loki says and runs out of my office. I turn to the twins and they both look scared.

"Hey kiddos, it will be ok, nothing to be afraid of." I hug them both, but then hear Loki yelling.