Chapter 56

The thing about being in "La Aristocrata de Manille", as how Izzy would like to dub the minuscule social space I share with Maven De Talavera, I can't totally run around Metro manila without bumping into each other from time to time, no matter how...

The thing about being in "La Aristocrata de Manille", as how Izzy would like to dub the minuscule social space I share with Maven De Talavera, I can't totally run around Metro manila without bumping into each other from time to time, no matter how much I tried. Really. It's not the lack of trying.

There are just certain men like Maven De Talavera, who are truly just rare, beautiful drops of borrowed light that always find his way back to my life, for some reason.

And before I can pull the "it's not you, it's me" as a break up excuse, imagine my surprise when I found him way down south. Not that I was expecting him.

Truth be told

"Prima, even after jet-setting to the Seychelles and Fiji, Amanpulo stands out as offering one of the most spectacular settings I've ever seen! How come you never brought me here before?"

True. I couldn't agree more. Breathtaking. Awe-inspiring. Amanpulo was indeed beautiful; the beach was the softest sand I've ever experienced, never heating up, thus allowing me to feel every thing while barefoot.

"Because you're rarely home?" I said rolling my eyes while wrapping a sarong around my waist "And if you are on your spring break, you spend it basking under the sun in Ibiza"

"Hmm.. true" She said smiling. The water was such a beautiful torquoise color which has great visibility, almost as if we're in paradise.

"Never too late to enjoy this huge diverse island now"

On arrival on the tarmac of Pamalican Island, there was a warm welcome from all other members of management to greet the guests, who then introduced us to one of our butlers and sent us on our way to the two-bedroom villa that has outdoor dining table,Lounge with 65″ TV, large shallow Swimming pool, four poolside deck chairs, two deckchairs by the beach and two divans.

The first impressions was something else, as when we arrived at the villa, we met our chef, housekeeper and someone else who I forgot in the excitement with enough golf buggies they have offered.

The biggest issue with the villa is that it's so comfortable to lay on the divans that finding the will to do anything has been a struggle.

Hence, the long travel had caught us eventually and we slightly overslept and woke up just at two in the afternoon. Quite late but early enough to venture for an island tour. We came across the spa, sat perched atop a cliff and over looking the trees, with a faint glimmer of the ocean in the background.

"Izzy.. izzy"

We were both laying flat, face down, after a great Swedish massage the amanpulo offered. It was almost the highlight of the trip today.

"Hmmm?" She groaned and I thought I have shaken her enough to wake her from her deep slumber. Only to be answered by her light snoring minutes after.