Chapter 27

Taking Maven's hand as we got inside the lift, I can't help but compare my hand to his spread fingers and palm

I loved his long fingers and how his right pinky finger didn't straighten all the way out. It was slightly twisted but I love how it was settled on Maven—that there was something imperfect about him but it didn't lessen how I see him. In fact, I have loved it all the same.

"Where did you get this?" I said, lifting his hands with mine, stroking the right pinky finger.
"The twist came from an accident in football back in high school and me refusing to take the time to let it fully heal" He said, like he was talking of the weather instead of a terrible injury in his hands

I raised my brow at that, now looking at his fingers closely when he added, "In fact, I'd broken both of arms numerous times, both knees, all of my toes, my scapula, and the litany of my broken places isn't very sexy."

I laughed and I slid my fingers between his and I looked down, admiring how it magically fits

When I looked up, our faces linger just a kiss away, his eyes stare wordlessly into mine. His jaw was strong, lips full but held together tightly. It's such a strange impulse that made me grabbed his face and rubbed my palm against his rough stubble, and crushed my lips against his.

Hard.

There was the moment of hesitation before Maven gave in and his lips devoured mine, my mouth opening when his tongue delved through it. He put his large hand behind my head while the other settled on my ass, squeezing it.

Kissing Maven was always magical—time slows , mind races, heart beat turns blurry like wings of a hummingbird.

The more we kissed, the deeper, longer and the bolder we get. I felt him rubbing himself on me and the thirstier I turned into-- Like drowning and he's my only way to breathe, like drought and he's the only rain to quench my thirst.

Maven kissed me deep and long before I felt him slowly pulling away as he held my gaze, our forehead touched.

"I hate this part of the morning where we have to go separately in school in our own separate car at that", He whispered, his voice sounding hoarse while our lips were still an inch apart.
"Me too", I said as we got off the lift, still holding hands. And we did so as we walked to the underground car park, straight in front of my Jaguar

He reached forward and brushed a few strands of my hair, away from my forehead, "I know you will do well in your exam later. You'll nail it"
I raised my brow at him, "Such faith in me, Maven"
"Not faith." He said with a quick kiss on my forehead before pulling away, "I just know so. Ako yata nag tutor sayo"
I rolled my eyes, "If you call fondling on my breast every now and then as tutoring"
He bit his lip for a second with a stupid smile stretched on his lips, "That was part of it kasi inaantok ka na"
I shook my head but the growing smile was hard to stump down on my lips, "You and your excuses."