Chapter 36: My Binary Brother

*Eli's P.O.V*

I heard her cries as she left the house and it broke my heart knowing that I did that to her.

After everything we both went through from the day that we met to now, that all happened in the span of six months.

It may not seem like it but you be surprised how fast time flies.

Amy and I got together after the LaRusso house fight and that was back in December.

It seems like it was still that month.

I was only with Amy for about two months, maybe three.

And now it's my fault that our relationship ended because I fell back into that hole where I feel so empty inside.

Where I was quiet, shy, timid Eli Moskowitz.

Whatever confidence I once had is no longer inside of me. It's all gone. It was gone since the Cobras came into that tattoo parlor and shaved it all off.

Taking my confidence away and laughing about it while I was close to crying.

I couldn't cry in front of them so I did it when I was alone.

My confidence stared right back at me while I was on the floor of the tattoo parlor.

Then after it happened and I showed the rest of the dojo, I stayed home for weeks. I didn't go to school because everyone knows about it.

I didn't have a phone so whoever was sending me messages and calls couldn't get anything back.

They were left with unknown answers until Amy came to my house earlier today.

And then I gave her answers.

Except they were answers that she didn't want.

Answers that I didn't want to say.

Answers that broke both of our hearts.

But it's the truth. Amy deserves better than me.

I'm nothing but a loser.

Amy is an amazing girl who deserves someone who isn't a loser. She deserves someone who isn't a freak.

She can't even love me.

I don't deserve love.

Amy once told me that I deserve love but I'm now having a hard time believing that.

A person like me can't be loved.

After the shit that happened, I don't want anything to do with the outside world, and that includes karate.

I just want to stay here forever.

And I plan to do just that.

So for the time being, I stayed playing Dungeon Lord on my laptop before I heard frantic footsteps coming down the stairs.

"Where the hell have you been?" Demetri yelled out, staring at me in shock.

"Demetri, how'd you even get in here?" I asked him, confused.

"Uh, your mom's left the key under the flower gnome since kindergarten." Demetri said as he passed me the key.

Then he continued to talk, "You should really think about increasing the security given, you know, the karate war. But that's not important now."

"Yeah, what's so important?"

"Didn't you hear? The All Valley has separate gender divisions." He started to say, "I mean, do I look like Miyagi-Do's best hope at defeating Robby Keene? I mean, Mr. LaRusso says that anyone can be the hero, but I'm not Batman. I'm more like Alfred."