Chapter Seven- The Coronation

The sun graced the large halls with crepuscular rays through tall, rectangular windows. The gold trimming glistened against it, offering an almost glittering effect against the blood red pillars and the chestnut floorboards.
Up ahead, an ebony throne with bright orange and pink chrysanthemums decorating it's back and armrests. On top of the throne rested a large circle representing the moon decorated by a few blue dragonflies. In the center, the Rainbow Moonstone returned in it's new rightful place.
Before the throne centered Isao. To his right stood King Meiji in deep blue robes, holding a sword. Meilani stood on his left, her hands delicately folded in front of her. Her junihito consisted of layers of pink, deep violets and pale blue. Her top layer had both white and blue patterned crescents that nearly matched the diamond jewels accessorising her crown.

Meilani's hair had been pulled back into two buns, each one resting at the back of her head behind her ears. Two curls framed her face along with 5 delicate gold chains that held a small diamond at the end. Each string varied in length with the longest reaching her jaw, the shortest in between her brows.
In the court a few feet away from the oval pavilion stood the court and honored guests. Kakashi had spent a good majority of the ceremony staring at Mei. And while she was the most breathtaking view in the room, all he saw was her tight-lipped smile behind a loose tulle mask. Even from here, he could see the ends of them fighting to stay up.

Not to mention, she had been averting his gaze the entire time. Any time their eyes met she quickly fixed her gaze to the floor between them. His brows knitted together after catching her glance once more before she turned and offered Meiji the crown. Isao gulped as he knelt between the two, eyeing the silver headpiece and multicolored diamonds within. He caught Mei's watery-eyed smile and reflected her before lowering his head.
Cheers erupted after he rose and sheathed the gifted blade. Not long afterwards the celebration commenced. Tsunade was less than pleased having to leave before she had the chance to participate. However, Genma and Team 10 were eager to be home, and Shizune made the point of not having Danzo and the elders overlook the village for too long.
Kakashi watched the crowd with his hands in the pockets of his robes. The scent of sweet wines and flowers held an overpowering grip on his nose. The fresh lavender, growing in pots half the height of a person, made finding Mei much harder.

"Do you not dance?" A feminine voice asked from behind. Kakashi turned to see a raven-haired woman in a red kimono. She leaned against the pillar, placing her forefinger on the tip of her closed fan.
"Sometimes," he answered, making sure to keep eye contact. Still, the woman leaned forward a few inches further. He wasn't sure if the low cut of the outfit was intentional, or if she hadn't noticed it slipping. Based on her flushed face and hazy eyes, the latter was possible. "Right now, I'm waiting for someone."
"Who on earth would make a man like you wait?" She giggled, placing the handle of her fan just under her lips. He turned to the right and stepped forward once. And then answered over his left shoulder.
"I don't mind waiting for my Princess."
He nearly laughed at the stunned silence. If only it lasted longer than a few seconds.
"I could be your Princess tonight." His shoulders tensed at her unwanted contact. The woman's fan brushed his shoulder before opening it and fanning herself.
"I'm sorry, I misspoke." His tone was now a forced tranquility. "When it comes to Princess Meilani, I will wait as long as it takes."

He took pride in the woman's faltered expression.
"I see! Forgive me, my Lord." She bowed quickly. "I believe I just saw the Princess walk towards the Gardens."
His eyes darted to the location she pointed. And took leave as soon as she scurried away. 'My Lord?'
Kakashi's shoulders lost tension once he passed the doorway. The maroon tulle brushed his shoulders as he passed through, and with it left the stuffy atmosphere. He caught the scent of honey that passed the first left. Some few minutes later he found himself at a fountain near the center. In front of the marble display Meilani watched. Kakashi slowly approached with apparent footsteps, and eventually stood beside her to admire it as well.