Chapter Nine

Liam was curled up on the tour bus couch with Louis. They had just received all of Louis' clothes, toys and utensils. Liam had Louis perched on his lap, the little boy driving his toy truck up Liam's leg and crashing it into the armrest. Making the noises with his lips as he went.

"What are you reading?" Niall asked, as he came wandering down the hallway, beanie on his small petite head, he rested his chin on Liam's shoulder, peering contently at the paper.

"It's a letter from Bella." Liam replied "she sent all of Louis' stuff and this was attached." He sighed, ushering to the spot beside him. Signaling for Niall to take a seat.

"Is it a bad letter?" Niall questioned next, as he took a seat on the couch, cooing at Louis who had since lost interest in the truck and was more intrigued in Liam's buttons and bracelet.

"It's just a recap of Louis' life. Pictures, information, what he's allergic too." Liam answered. Handing Niall the stack of photos to flip through.

"Then why are you so upset?" Niall frowned, thumbing through the poor quality photos. Cooing quietly to himself.

"He was tested for kidney failure last year. God, that makes me feel horrible." Liam breathed, running his fingers through his hair.

"My biggest fear has always been that my kids might get what I had, you know? I couldn't go through what my parents did."

Niall sighed, glancing across at Louis for a moment. Placing the pictures down "but it wasn't positive was it?"

"No, he was tested negative." Liam replied, letting Louis crawl across into his lap.

"isn't that a good thing?" Niall asked.

"It doesn't mean he might not have kidney issues in the future." Liam stated.

"Liam, mate. You shouldn't be worrying about that, he might now have kidney issues either. You can't predict the further. You can't tell yourself that he will have kidney problems. He could fall off a bike and break his arm and you going to blame yourself on that too? He is going to hurt himself and if he gets kidney issues then so be it. It is what it is and you deal with it when it actually happens. Not before." Niall assured.

"You're right Niall. What am I even worrying about?" He asked. Standing up to pick Louis' dirty clothes up from off the floor.

"Let's go out and do something Li. We could take Louis to the local zoo." Niall suggested suddenly, after a few moments of silence.

"I like that idea. But how will we get in unnoticed?" Liam asked next, grabbing a fresh pair of Louis' jeans out of his little suitcase.

"Let me ring around and see what I can do. Okay?"

Liam nodded politely and thanked Niall, turning his attention towards Louis who had created havoc with the Nutella container again.