Chapter Fourteen

Liam was swaying his hips, as he sang into Louis' ear and danced around the Adidas store. The toddler was being held firmly in Liam's arms, hoisted up on his hip as his little eyes stared outside to the swarm of people. They'd been mobbed when Liam was trying to find Louis a bunch of warmer clothes and some more socks because Louis found it funny to leave a pair in every hotel they stayed at.

The fans had been pushing against the door for nearly half an hour and Louis was getting a bit distressed about the shouting and all the faces being pressed against the see through glass, and Liam felt sorry for the small child. Liam had always been a bit overwhelmed by this too.

They had tried using a megaphone to tell the fans to step back away from the door, tried using security and now they were calling the police to get them to evacuate the area so the two won't be kept captive in the small shop anymore.

Usually Liam wouldn't mind being cramped up in a store for a few hours, but now he does because he has Louis, who hadn't stop crying from the huge fright he got when fans ran into the glass door with their mouths open and fists banging against the hard glass. Liam couldn't blame him.

He had phoned Niall to see if the blonde had anyway of sneaking in the back door and saving them. But Niall was stuck in a store not far down from him and Liam knew Niall was going to freaking out himself.

Liam let out a soft sigh and continued to sway his hips and press kisses into Louis' hair "you're okay bubba, they're just excited hey?" Liam whispered, crouching down to let Louis stand on the floor, which just resulted in Louis wrapping his arms around Liam's leg and starting to cry. His little bottom lip wobbling as he pulled on the hem of Liam's jeans. Liam sighed again, sitting down on the floor and letting his little son climb up into his lap and curl into his arms. He pressed gentle kisses to his little forehead and let him play with his necklace.

Whilst Louis was occupied he opened his tweet and posted a quick, desperate tweet 'to all the fans outside Adidas pls step back, me and Lou would like to be able to get out' followed up with 'Lou is pretty frightened, so it would be very kind if you all stepped back and let us out'

Liam posted the tweets and prayed for a miracle, but only a small handful of fans dispatched from the group and Liam did appreciate it, he was starting to get quite worked up about it, disliking the way his own son was holding fistfuls of Liam's shirt and crying every time the crowd of fans erupted into loud echos of noise and smashed their fists again the glass door. Liam could hear Louis' brain screaming 'get me out of here' and Liam was trying, he was damn trying.

By the time he'd gotten Louis out of the store, the toddler had tired himself out and was fast asleep against Liam's bicep, his fringe covering the parts of his eyes that could be seen. Liam had his jumper shielding Louis from the rain and the subsiding crowd of fans still capturing pictures. He kept his head down until he had Louis safely strapped in his car seat and was buckling himself up in his own spot. He held his hand up against the window to suppress some of the bright flashing, until the cameras were gone and they were finally on their safe journey back to their hotel.

'I want you to all know that my son will always come before fans. Always.'

'So when I say step away I mean step away, 2day I realized that even with a toddler people still don't listen'

'Pls listen to us next time, we worry about our safety as well as yours. Just step away bc we cant stop sometimes.'

'Have a nice day.'

Liam was exhausted and had all this pent up anxiety buzzing around in his body like a bottle of fizz. He had never been so worry about being mobbed before until he was a parent, a prober parent who would sacrifice his life for his son. Liam had realized how much a child could lighten somebody's day until he had one of his own that he woke up to everyday.