Chapter Three

Chapter Three

Liam had set his alarm the previous night so he would be able to wake up and be ready for when the car pulled to take him and Louis to the airport. But today Louis managed to wake Liam fifteen minutes before his supposed time, to him leaning over the edge of the bed frame with the remote to the t.v in his mouth, his eyes fixed to the screen.

Liam slapped a hand against his forehead and got Louis’ attention, the little boy giggling and squirming as he hung his body over Liam’s. Liam wishes he had energy like Louis, then he guessed he might be somewhat more productive with his life.

“Daddy! we see Ni Ni today?” Louis asks, and Liam for a moment wonders where the obsession for Niall came from but then he remembers that Niall is the type of person who can be friends with anybody. Even two year old children apparently.

“yes we are, and two more of my friends. Harry; he has big curly hair and likes cuddles, and Zayn, he is very quiet but will love you either way. Now me and you are going to have something to eat and then get ready to go see them okay? That means we have to turn this telly off.”

At first Liam couldn’t get Louis to eat or even reason with him really, the small toddler upset with Liam after he wouldn’t let him wear his fluffy overly warm snow jacket to the airport when it was quite warm outside. But he gave into the boy when he pleaded with Liam to let him wear his superman shirt and matching flashing shoes. Liam couldn’t say no to that.

Once Louis finally ate his breakfast Liam secured his small shoes on his feet, struggling to juggle the four bags between himself, he gently ushered Louis outside and locked the doors, setting his house alarm as they wandered down to the footpath to wait for the car to pull. Liam was grateful he didn’t have to drive himself. He didn’t really have a child friendly car to put Louis in. (That was subject to change in the future.) plus he didn’t have a car seat yet either.

Strapping Louis in was hard, the toddler refused to sit still whilst Liam tried to do the buckles up. Louis was too intrigued with the drop down dvd player that sat above his head. Once Liam was seated and buckled beside Louis, the suitcases stacked in the boot, he snapped a picture of Louis pressing his fingers against the dvd player again, his tongue hanging out in concentration as he did so.

fakeliampayne: Feeling the love here Louis, who knew a drop down dvd playerrrrr would keep a toddler entertained. :0

After he posted the picture, he quickly texted the other three lads, letting them know they’d be arriving soon. But he was almost certain Louis and himself would be the first there anyway. Zayn was a terrible morning person, Harry was just generally never on time and Niall, well Liam doesn’t have an excuse for Niall, because it’s Niall, he’s rarely ever late so Liam’s never had to make excuses for the blonde.

Despite the time Niall texted back almost instantly, challenging Liam to a race, whoever got their first got to sit next to Louis on the first flight and honestly Liam had no problem with that, Niall was Niall, he wouldn’t harm a fly.

When they arrive Niall is doing an irish jig up ahead and Liam just laughs and rolls his eyes fondly because of course Niall bet them, he was certain the lad had made his driver break speed limits just so he could be Louis’ guardian for the first half of the trip.