Chapter Ten

Louis was laying sleepily against Liam, it was the first time that week Louis had gotten to lay with his Daddy. Liam had come down with a horrendous bug, he wasn't able to perform, he couldn't even get out of bed to move to the couch during the day. Liam rarely ever got sick, but whenever it did he always got it the worst out of the lot, people had said it had something to do with his immune system.

He slept most days and was barely awake an hour total, and of course Niall was the one who had taken matters into his own hands, making himself the mother hen of the lot. He had them all on vitamin tablets and sickness preventatives, even Louis.

With high temperatures, vomiting, belly aches and migraines, Niall wasn't going to risk it with Louis. If he got sick like this the whole damn tour would have to be called off. Having Liam ill was bad enough. He had missed promos, studio recordings, four concerts and two interviews and Caroline had to watch Louis during the day whenever the other three weren't able to themselves.

Right now Niall was wandering around with a disinfectant bottle and wipes, Zayn had gone out to buy more food (or to just get away from the chaos) and Harry was meant to be watching Louis, who had found his way into Liam's bunk and fallen asleep with him. Holding tight handfuls of Liam's thin shirt his little sock clad feet pushed into the edge of Liam's hip, and his head perched against his collarbone using Liam's left arm as a headrest.

Harry knew very well that Louis had climbed in there around an hour ago but when check and saw how peaceful they were he decided to leave him there, despite knowing he was going to have his head ripped of by Niall in less than twenty minutes when he finds out Louis is with Liam.

The three of them had a concert that night, and Liam was being left on the bus by himself again. Patty would be there of course, but Niall was certain that wasn't enough protection of him and it came with Niall's paranoia. His OCD came out whenever somebody dropped something on the floor, and the bus would always be spotless clean because an angry Niall. Despite how cute it might be, is not something Harry likes to experience. He should be moving Louis, he really should but Harry (being typical Harry) doesn't have the heart to move him.

He can only listen to a toddler ask for his Daddy so many times before he finally relents and gives in, because who wouldn't when the poor toddler is nearly crying and still asking over and over again, despite them already having said no. It had been a week already and Harry wasn't about to be the one who said no again. Plus one small cuddle wasn't going to hurt.

Niall was tutting in the kitchen and Harry heard the vitamin bottle being knocked over. The long file of curse words and then the stomp of his feet, which then woke Liam up who bumped his head on the bunk about him. Louis fidgeting against Liam's shoulder as Liam managed to open the curtain and grab Harry's attention.

"Oh! Hi sickie, how're you feeling?" Harry asked, scooping Louis up onto his chest as he heard Niall marching down the bus hallway. It doesn't really surprise Harry that Niall is behaviouring like this. It is after all. Niall.

"Can I have water please?" Liam questioned politely, stretching his legs out. Harry placed Louis down in his bunk and shifted off down to the kitchen returning with the bottled water,that had been marked distinguishably so everybody knew it was Liam's. Again a Niall thing.

"We have to leave in less than an hour to perform, and Caroline will be taking Louis for us. So you'll be here by yourself."

"Oh, again? I am fine to come sing you know." Liam stated, now trying to climb out of his bunk bed, but regretting it almost instantly when the cold started to nip at his fingers and toes. "Just let me get dressed."

"Liam, you and me both know you're being ridiculous. You know what the doctors said, you were there." Harry tried, before Niall was coming into view. Bottle of water and some biscuits in hand.

"you're awake" Niall smiled, instantly picking Louis up who had climbed out of his bunk, the small tired toddler, grabbing a handful of Niall's shirt and perching his head on the collar. He looked exhausted, but then again they all looked tired.

Liam shifted to sit on the couch, with his water and a handful of dry biscuits. He had the remote to the television and his laptop perched on his knees, and a bucket beside the couch just in case. Louis had piped up and was handing Liam his toys, telling him each name he had given the stuffed animals. Liam realized at this point that Louis had tons of toys, and they laid scattered around the floor of the bus, waiting for somebody to come pick them up and put them back in a box.

Niall had a lot of trouble getting Louis to leave Liam, he was certain it had something to do with Liam basically begging for Niall to let him stay, and Niall had instantly become the bad guy. Of course he wanted to let Louis stay with Liam but he couldn't afford for Louis to get sick as well, their travel doctors were already concerned about Liam's kidneys and weight, if somebody as little and young as Louis was to catch something like this, it would knock the life out of him, potentially putting him in hospital even and there would be no tour, no album, no Liam. Niall could already see the blame Liam would put on himself if Louis was to get something like this. So Niall had to play the bad guy to protect Louis' health.

Niall could hear Louis crying for his 'daddy' the whole way through the concert, and when Niall had to duck off stage to tend to him, Harry had to give the crowd a big run down on how Liam was and when he might be predicted to be back performing again.

Niall felt terrible when he finally got back on the bus with Louis, he had him wrapped up in his jumper shielding him from the cold. Liam was still awake (barely) blinking tiredly at the television screen.

"all the fans tweeted me. They told me you went of stage four times for Louis tonight."

"that's true."

"you're not taking him with you tomorrow night, he is staying with me. He's my son and I'm not going to have him sitting there, crying for me, when he can be with me. Okay?"

"Liam you're sic-"

"none of that Niall, Louis is mine. Not yours, therefore I make the rules on where he stays and where he goes.

"oh...Yeah of course Liam. I'll just put him down in his bed." Niall nodded, a slight frown on his face as he wandered down the tour bus hallway. Where the hell did Liam get being so possessive from?

harrystyles: Louis is sad, he's missing his 'Daddy' today. But isn't his outfit lovely?

niallhoran: Lou fell asleep in the stylist's chair today. How cute?

___________________

hope you like! sorry it took me so long to get out! been busy!

6+ comments please

-KahliaPayne