Arrests and Protests

(Y/N)'s POV

We didn't stop until we reached Hagrid's hut, I almost jumped out of my skin when he opened the door suddenly, crossbow at the ready, we quickly ripped the cloak off and he let us in.

Instantly, I could tell something was wrong, his voice kept breaking and he was looking all around the room. We didn't get to ask him anything, there were several loud knocks on the door before we could, we quickly hid under the invisibility cloak in the corner of the hut.

It was Dumbledore, and a man I recognised as Cornelius Fudge, after some awkward greeting they got to business. "Bad business, Hagrid," said Fudge. "Four attacks on Muggle-borns. Things've gone far enough. Ministry's got to act."

"I never," said Hagrid, looking at Dumbledore. "You know I never, Professor Dumbledore, sir-" "I want it understood, Cornelius, that Hagrid has my full confidence," said Dumbledore, frowning at Fudge.

Despite being hidden, I still smiled at this widely, "Of course Dumbledore has Hagrid's back" I thought. "Look, Albus," said Fudge, uncomfortably. "Hagrid's records against him. Ministry's got to do something the school governors have been in touch." Dumbledore protested again looking very agitated.

"Look at it from my point of view," said Fudge, fidgeting with his bowler. "I'm under a lot of pressure. If it turns out it wasn't Hagrid, he'll be back and no more said. But I've got to take him. Got to. Wouldn't be doing my duty "

"Take me?" said Hagrid, who was trembling. "Take me where?" "No, they wouldn't" I thought before my fears where confirmed. "For a short stretch only" 

"Not Azkaban?" croaked Hagrid, Harry and Ron had to clamp their hands on my shoulders and over my mouth to stop me from protesting. Before Fudge could answer, there was another loud rap on the door. Dumbledore answered it.

Lucius Malfoy strode into Hagrid's hut, "Already here, Dumbledore," he said approvingly. "Good, good" "What're you doin' here?" said Hagrid furiously. "Get outta my house!" "And what exactly did you want with me, Lucius?" said Dumbledore. He spoke politely, but the fire was still blazing in his blue eyes.

"Dreadful thing, Dumbledore," said Malfoy lazily, taking out a long roll of parchment, "but the governors feel it's time for you to step aside. This is an Order of Suspension — you'll find all twelve signatures on it." 

"I'm afraid we feel you're losing your touch. How many attacks have there been now? At this rate, there'll be no Muggle-borns left at Hogwarts, and we all know what an awful loss that would be to the school."

Now it was Fudge who protested, arguing that they had no reason to make Dumbledore step aside. "The appointment, or suspension, of the headmaster is a matter for the governors, Fudge," said Malfoy with a smarmy grin on his face.

Hagrid leapt to his feet, 'An' how many did yeh have ter threaten an' blackmail before they agreed, Malfoy, eh?" he roared. "Dear, dear, you know, that temper of yours will lead you into trouble one of these days, Hagrid," said Mr. Malfoy. 

"I would advise you not to shout at the Azkaban guards like that. They won't like it at all." I wanted to punch him in the throat so badly. "Yeh can' take Dumbledore!" yelled Hagrid, making Fang the boarhound cower and whimper in his basket.

"Take him away, an' the Muggle-borns won' stand a chance! There'll be killin' next!" "Calm yourself, Hagrid," said Dumbledore sharply. He looked at Lucius Malfoy. "If the governors want my removal, Lucius, I shall of course step aside." I wanted to protest but couldn't reveal myself

"But-" stuttered Fudge. "No!" growled Hagrid. Dumbledore had not taken his bright blue eyes off Lucius Malfoy's cold grey ones. "However," said Dumbledore, speaking very slowly and clearly so that none of them could miss a word.