Unforeseen Calamity and Mob Mentality

(Y/N)'s POV

The match was amazing, by the end I was on the edge of my seat, until I couldn't hold it in anymore, I stood up screaming "Go you glorious Bulgarian genius. GO!" then just as predicted. Viktor Krum caught the snitch, on top of that, while Ireland were in the lead. 

The arena exploded in cheers, Me, Fred and George especially. I grabbed Hermione, hugging her in my happiness. Basically, picking her up and jumping up and down, I'm sure I looked a fool, but I didn't care. I had just made the best bet I possibly could have.

As we sat down again, I saw Krum sitting on his broom, holding the snitch out in triumph. "Why'd he do that!" I heard someone yell, I had the same thought. There was three parts of me all conflicting, one part of me thought he was an idiot for essentially losing on purpose.

Another part of me thought he was brave, throwing the match, but ending things on his own terms, how he wanted, and the third part of me that was praising the angel that just won me so much money.

As we were leaving, I saw Draco slip an eerily familiar sweet into his mouth, this just made one of the best days of my life even better "Perfect" I thought, he was in for an interesting afternoon.

"They'll be talking about this one for years," Bagman said hoarsely, "a really unexpected twist, that. . . . shame it couldn't have lasted longer" "True, but a deal's a deal" I said, getting in front of him so he didn't dart for the door.

"Ah yes. . . . yes, I owe you . . . how much?" Fred and George had just scrambled over the backs of their seats and were standing in front of Ludo Bagman with broad grins on their faces, their hands outstretched.

We returned to the tent later, all of us fairly content, with my new winnings I had a small fortune in my pocket. I was feeling very proud of myself, as we made our way to the tent I was basically skipping with joy. 

As were Fred and George who were convincing their father to let them keep their winnings and not tell Mrs. Weasley about the gambling. After a few hours of gleeful partying we all turned in for the night. 

Until I was awoken just a few hours later, something was wrong, I could almost feel the panic in the air. "What's wrong!" was all I managed to say, the tiredness I had disappearing as I jumped into action, waking Ron. " 'S' matter?" he said, I forced him out of bed.

"No time, Harry — just grab a jacket and get outside — quickly!" Mr Weasley said as Harry reached for his clothes, he did as he was told and hurried out of the tent, Ron and I at his heels, I could see people running away into the woods, fleeing something that was moving across the field toward them. 

Hermione and Ginny came hurrying toward us, pulling coats over their nightdresses, with Mr. Weasley right behind them. At the same moment, Bill, Charlie, and Percy emerged from the boys' tent, fully dressed, with their sleeves rolled up and their wands out. 

"We have to leave, get somewhere safe" said Mr. Weasley, taking command "George, Ginny is your responsibility" he turned to me, "(Y/N) don't try anything, just take the others and run" I nodded, he gripped my arms, "Promise me!" I nodded again, "I promise." He nodded, "Perce, Charlie, Bill you're with me" he said, drawing his wand.

"We're going to help the Ministry!" Mr. Weasley shouted over all the noise, rolling up his own sleeves. "You lot, get into the woods, and stick together. I'll come and fetch you when we've sorted this out!" 

Bill, Charlie, and Percy were already sprinting away toward the oncoming marchers; Mr. Weasley tore after them. Ministry wizards were dashing from every direction toward the source of the trouble. Despite all the horror, it was amazing to see so many people rushing to help.