Chapter 66: Scott POV

It had been a week.

A week of learning, a week of practice, a week of anticipation, a week and still Erin slept on. The temperature in Hyacinth began to rise, though it still stayed below average. I don't think the slight chill that followed me would ever go away, but I didn't mind it and neither did anyone else. Or so it seemed.

I was lying on my back in bed, staring at the ceiling. It was just after breakfast, and everyone was in the living room, however I had decided to come up early. My eyes were locked on a piece of peeled paint above me as I laid there, my arms crossed over my stomach.

The room was silent, that is, it was silent until the door opened. I lifted my head up to look at who was entering and saw Jimmy shutting the door behind him. "Hey." I said, giving him a small wave.

"Hi." Jimmy replied, not looking at me and instead heading straight to the dresser, beginning to pull the folded clothes from the drawer and piling them on the top.

"What are you doing-?" I asked, sitting up and watching him with a raised eyebrow.

"Packing."

"Why?"

"I'm moving rooms." He replied simply, raising an eyebrow at me. "You want this one so I'm moving to the one you didn't."

"Wha- no don't go!" I said, sitting straight up and getting to my feet.

"Well why not?" Jimmy asked, frowning slightly.

"Because- I-" I stuttered awkwardly. "I want you to stay. I'll stay on the armchair if sharing the bed is making you uncomfortable-"

Jimmy blinked, his expression fading from confusion and softening. "You want me to stay in here with you?" he asked.

I played with my fingers nervously for a moment before I sighed. "Yes..."

Jimmy's expression completely melted, and he smiled. "Is there a reason or...?"

"I- I don't want to have any nightmares-" I said quickly, which wasn't entirely a lie. I really didn't. But Jimmy provided something like comfort. A comfort I hadn't felt in a long time.

"Alright. Fine. Lizzie's not going to be too happy with me though." Jimmy replied with a short laugh, putting the spare clothes back into the drawer.

I gave him a grateful smile. "Thanks." I said, rubbing the back of my neck with a bit of an embarrassed expression. I hoped my cheeks weren't as red as they felt.

"Anyways~" Jimmy said, turning back around and sending me a grin, rocking back and forth on the balls of his feet. "Would you like to go on a walk? I'm free."

I returned his smile. "Sure. It would be nice to get out." I agreed, twisting one of the rings I wore on my thumb as I glanced down at my hands to avoid looking into his face and risk blushing even more than I already was.

"Perfect! Let's go!" Jimmy answered, grabbing my wrist, and dragging me out the door.

Jimmy skipped just ahead of me as we walked, excited to be outside.

It was relatively warm out considering- well, me. I watched Jimmy, stifling snickers, with my hands in his pockets. Today he seemed unusually cheerful. In a good way though.

We wandered a little outside of the castle. The weather felt like Spring, with the slightest, pleasant chill in the air. I breathed in the crisp air, exhaling slowly. It really was gorgeous out. "You're so sloooooow." Jimmy drawled with a laugh, grabbing my forearm and forcing me to follow him at a quicker pace.