𝟐 | 𝐄𝐧𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

The dress was perfect.

She loved the way the fabric complimented her slim body, fitted precisely to her.

Accomplished was how she felt; she was proud of herself for once again making a lasting impression for hundreds of people. The nerves that had been eating away at her were pathetic looking back. Maria was happy to know she didn't have to worry. She stood at the top of the hall, her arms against the bannister as she took in the great art surrounding the hall.

She searched for Leonardo amongst the crowd as she felt the beat of her heart increase. She wanted to locate him to feel comforted by his presence. People in velvet, silk, satin outfits were all allocated to different circular tables, drinking aged wine from the waiters walking around the hall, laughing and socialising about the previous performance. There was a lot of people she had to search through. Nonetheless, she couldn't see him, causing a frown to form on her face, lowering her spirits. He had to be there in order for her plan to succeed or it would all be a waste.

As she descended down the stairs, eyes watched her move. She was the main event, the person they were all wanting to see. From head to toe, she was analysed from the way her hips swayed as she walked, the smoothness of her long, toned legs revealing themselves from the cuts of her dress, the display of her beautiful face. She knew how sexualised she was and that the night would be full of different men dreaming of being alone with her. As usual, Maria plastered the sweet smile that her fans loved, presenting herself as innocent and kind. They would never know the more crueler and dangerous side to her.

Her fingers delicately slid against the bannister as she walked and when she reached the bottom, a large hand was extended to her. As she turned, Maria smiled wider at the sight of Giovanni. He was, as usual, beaming at the sight of her. "You never fail to disappoint me, my love." He was an older man with a crooked smile.
Maria let out a hearty small chuckle at his kind words, she was desensitised to the amount of compliments she constantly received. He kissed the back of her small hand, smiling at her, "your skin is so smooth, you take care of yourself."

She shook her head slowly, "thank you, Mr Adami." Her mother had always taught her to be polite, ladylike and feminine. That would be her advantage to receiving the benefits in such an industry. "I really must thank you for inviting me to such an honourable event." Giovanni laughed once more, finding himself loving her more and more. He shook his head, holding her hand between his two, course ones. "The pleasure is all mine, darling. I must say I am grateful to have you here. I will ensure to repay you, your efforts and donations have not gone to waste."

Maria nodded politely, internally satisfied that it was confirmed he would be investing into her company's future projects.

"Come, please," Giovanni insisted, offering his arm for her. She interlocked hers with his. "Let us meet some of these distinguished guests, they have all been hoping to see you." Honestly, Maria despised meeting people, she shared this characteristic with Leonardo. She knew their purposes were ulterior, wanting either her body or some stake in her company. It was rare to meet good business leaders.