𝟕 | 𝐁𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐚

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐈𝐀

I always dressed to impress and was glad Iris had left me such a classy outfit.

We left his place soon after. I was wearing a pure white bell sleeved, corset dress that showed off my small waist with the black belt and wrapped tightly around me. With heels and gold on me, I stood strong as I entered the company.

I loved Dream and it was soon to be mine. The establishment was massive with different buildings on sight filled with practice rooms, studios, massage rooms, Pilates, yoga and the best resources. We even had our own auditorium for performances at home.

As usual, it was great seeing everyone busily making their way to their classes with excitement, leaving their lessons complaining - the usual. I had been trapped in my private practice room for so long that I missed seeing all of the large, modern buildings, the dancers and even some of the teachers.

That season, the school was preparing for the Grand Performance. That event consisted of having all of the dancers involved in one big ceremony to perform and celebrate the life of the company. It was something my mother began, despite no longer being around she was still an important presence to her company. As soon as anyone walked in, they could see her memento up on the wall. She was the soul of the place. It felt only right that I was to inherit what she left me.

The preparations for the Grand Performance were going forward, it was going to be at the end of of that season and everything had to run smoothly. We would do our best as we always did however I did worry about the safety of the dancers with that stalker on the loose. I was still shaken by what happened the night before.

Even when I got changed in my dressing room, although Iris repeatedly reassured me that the rooms had been thoroughly checked, I still felt uncomfortable getting changed so I did it quickly. I left the room wearing my usual pastel pink leotard that left my matched with a white sleeve shrug, a midi wrap skirt, some white see through tights and some cute leg warmers. I tied my hair back into a neat bun at the top of my head, making sure it wasn't too tight so my head won't complain later on.