𝟏𝟓 | 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐭𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐨𝐫

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

Francis Lemaire ordered a server to pour his special wine that he only used for important occasions. Leonardo and him began to talk business, putting their hostility aside, despite the night being Camille's birthday party.

"I have noticed a particular person has been on edge recently. ." Francis began. He sat back on his chair comfortably, his legs spread and his hands clasped together. He had a knowing smirk on his face as he curiously stared at Leonardo.

Leonardo was still feeling displeased at Francis's previous behaviour with Maria. He looked over at her to see that she was laughing and enjoying her time with Camille. She looked magnificent, her grey eyes full of life with a great smile on her flawless face. He felt slightly annoyed at his fake fiancée too for doing such a thing in front of him, despite the fact that he knew they had no loyalties to each other since he had drawn the line between them.

He had mixed feelings; being was frustrated with himself for pushing her away but also knowing doing so was for the better.

Leonardo decided for that time to focus on making a deal with Francis. It would be tricky since the two weren't exactly compatico at that time; it would most likely take a lot for them to even consider working together from all of the family history they had years behind them.

"You know I want Javier," Leonardo went straight to the point. He didn't want to waste time on introductions. "I was informed you are after him too." Francis chuckled, his face was full of amusement which pissed Leonardo off more.

Francis exhaled with a grin, "I can't believe the boss himself has come for a request. You usually send little Vincenzo to do all your dealings. I'm guessing this is important."

"You could say that," Leonardo responded bluntly, thinking of all the insults he had for that man in his head. "What will it take you to work with us? Your weapons are something of my interest."

Francis widened his grin, sitting more upright. "You want to work together?" He shook his head, chuckling some more as he took in the incredulous situation. He seemed to feel as though he had the upper hand.

"You'd put behind all that crazy bullshit our families have been through just for Javier? He must have done a hell lot of something, don," Francis spouted, enjoying the conversation. "Why do you want him?"

"Let's just say he crossed the wrong person a while ago." He hated thinking of the past with Javier. Francis didn't bother to ask for details and said his own reason, "this sounds tempting. . .that fucker played around too much. His debt I need to collect."

       When Leonardo was younger, he was much more feeble and weak. Only Maria truly knew how timid he used to be.

His introverted and reserved nature made him the perfect prey for Javier who used his shyness as an opportunity to subject Leonardo to his own sadistic torture.