𝐀𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫'𝐬 𝐍𝐨𝐭𝐞

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

𝐍𝐄𝐏𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐇𝐄

*Not reading this important note may result in confusion, especially if you have already read 'Vincenzo's Lover' and 'Cristiano's Craving'*

First Written: August 2023
First Published: July 2024
Completed: Still Ongoing

After months and months of writer's block I have finally managed to create a storyline for Leonardo and Maria.

This novel will mark the first instalment of the now Romano mafia brothers and will replace the current series of the Rossi brothers.

This means that I am upgrading the original stories and the Romano brothers storyline.

Vincenzo's Lover and Cristiano's Craving will now be seen as the old versions of the Romano brothers storyline, and will be rewritten to match the new storyline, meaning if anything from these two novels do not make sense with the new novels coming out, it's because they are the old versions and are discontinued from this new sequence.

Cristiano's Craving and Vincenzo's Lover will be rewritten with better storylines and characters. This is because I saw these novels as drafts and think they seriously need some changes in order for them to become better. For example, the character Mia definitely needed improvements in her character development which is why I wanted to change the way the stories were written.

These two novels will be available to read for preference of the old versions but they just aren't a part of the new versions I am introducing.

I wanted to signify this change by changing the surname of the brothers. They are now known as; Cristiano, Leonardo, Vincenzo and Dante Romano.

Additionally, if events in the old books are similar to the new books it's most likely because I have revamped them to make more sense into these new stories.

This is the first: NEPENTHE

The novel can be read as a stand-alone and I will try to continue this with the other books.

This book follows two childhood sweethearts who have been through hell and rekindle their love for each other years after separation. It is a story of healing and comfort so it can get quite depressing and sad at times.

It is a slight slow burn and more *important events* occur later on in the story.

Also NEPENTHE is really one of those stories to read until the end. There's a lot that changes and becomes unravelled as the story progresses. It just has a little slower start.

This is the first draft and might also be revamped later on as it is deserving of many tweaks and adjustments even though it is complete. Even now I still think there is a lot of room for improvement.

I am not a ballet expert therefore facts may not be accurate.

Also I do not own any of the images used throughout the story and as the book cover.

Although many stories here have a typical controlling and dominant mafia leader and a weak, submissive love interest, I didn't want that for this particular story as I felt the characters aren't those type of people, and wanted to portray a more healthy and soft relationship. So there's none of that stuff here, it's more clean and has little less focus on the mafia in comparison to how the other books (soon to come) will have. Leonardo is a more gentle character compared to a stereotypical leader.

There are themes of sex, violence, abuse, swearing, mental health, suicide, body dysmorphia and a whole load of trauma without any trigger warnings for each chapter so please don't read if any of this affects you.

Please respect the book, be mindful of how you comment & interact with other users, do not copy my work, spoil the story or advertise other books here. I also do not give permission for my book to be on any other platforms.

The POV changes frequently throughout the novel just to get a better sense of the ways characters and feeling, and to get different perspectives on events. However the main POV is first person through Maria's view.

I hope this all makes sense, comment for any clarification :)

Thank you for your patience and willingness to read this book and I welcome any constructive criticism or opinions.

I hope you enjoy reading!

* Best enjoyed in dark mood *

- Twix xx

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘