𝟏𝟒 | 𝐈𝐧𝐯𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐛𝐥𝐞

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

Camille showed Maria to the dressing room where she could prepare herself before singing. She asked about Francis which earned a roll of eyes from Camille.

"He hasn't even arrived yet," she responded bitterly, as she checked her appearance in the mirror. She then fixed the kiss mark on Maria's cheek with makeup, applying some powder on herself.

She sighed but put on a smile as though she was comforting herself. Maria knew Francis and Camille had their problems, there were times in the past Camille would be on the phone crying to her but Maria knew how much they loved each other.

"Have you had a good birthday so far?" Maria questioned, turning around on her chair and facing Camille. Her eyes told her otherwise but nonetheless, Camille nodded, losing eye contact with Maria.

"As good as it gets at this age," Camille brightly replied, drifting away from indulging into any emotions, "anyway, after the speeches, it'll be your cue to go on." Maria was surprised that Camille was taking the lead at her own birthday party. She wondered why Francis hadn't put more effort into planning the birthday party for her; she thought at least her song should have been a surprise.

Maria gave her a smile of acknowledgement, rubbing Camille's hand for a moment, a way of telling her that Maria was there for her, before Camille left then she was alone in the waiting room.

As Camille had said, once the speeches were over, it was Maria's turn to sing.

The accompanying piano began to play a slow, soft melody as she entered the stage. The guests were sat facing her, all eyes were on her. She forced herself to push down the wave of nerves coming to attack her once again and put on her usual professional smile, greeting the audience.

Leonardo anticipated her performance; he hadn't heard her opera singing for a long time. He once again was reminded of how spectacular she looked up there; her presence and aura was mighty. Maria was clearly made for the stage. She looked entrancing and once she began the song, he felt calmed at the sound of her euphonious, sweet voice.

It was clear and on point - she made sure she kept her vocals stable and maintained each note perfectly throughout. Her voice soared across the room, each guests' face was either filled with astonishment or delight at the pleasant sound. Camille was overjoyed at her captivating voice, thrilled at the fact that Maria was so amazing. The song was difficult but Maria managed to sing it superbly.

Leonardo momentarily closed his eyes to truly appreciate how heavenly her voice sounded. Opera had become his new favourite genre.

Maria was confident, assured and enthusiastic. She smiled as she sang, looking so relaxed and ethereal. It was as if the song was easy to pull off. The way she looked at the guests provided a connection with them. She wasn't just singing for the sake of it - she was expressing her emotions, the feelings associated with the song. Her voice was truly enthralled by the words.