𝟐𝟐 | 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐚𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭

Chapter Dedication: @cupp_a_coffee
Thanks for reading and keeping up with the story all this time!

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐈𝐀

As we walked down the ward, our hands gently brushed against each other since we were walking so close, raising my heart rate. I brought my hand to my other, clasping them together as I kept my head straight, trying to ignore the previous tingles our contact had given me.

Marco was standing outside the door with another buff guy who appeared to be guarding the hospital room.

He nodded in respect to Leonardo and I before divulging into the details. "Her parents have just went to the station to sort some things out."

"How's her condition?" Leonardo asked, his voice serious and strong. Marco shook his head with a knowing look on his face. "Not great. The surgery went well though, it's just a question of whether or not she'll wake up."

I nervously entered the room after Leonardo once Marco had pushed the door open.

Daphne was laying unconscious on the hospital bed and she looked barely recognisable. If she appeared that beaten up after surgery, I wondered how much worse it was when she was found. Her face was covered in layers of various cuts and dark bruises that seemed to have been cleaned of all blood that she was most likely found with. Her full lips and cheeks were swollen, red splotches all around them. Her throat caught my attention in particular; it was clear she had been struggling against strangulation judged on the bluish, purple marks a thick rope must have left her after the attack.

A white bandage wrapped around the top of her head, a sign of the fact that she had undergone surgery and there were more bandages on her forehead, small patches of light blood started to stain the fresh material.