𝟐𝟓 | 𝐅𝐚𝐯𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐬

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐈𝐀

"No!"

"No!"

I watched as Leo exhaled in frustration at his stubborn daughter who was refusing to finish her plate of delicious bolognese. Amalia's chubby cheeks were flushed as tears poured down her cheeks, she wriggled around in his arms, fighting to break free from her father's hold. She had such a cute, innocent voice that made me smile at her, even though she was giving Leo a hard time.

Continuing to fill my stomach, I noticed how he momentarily closed his eyes as though to calm himself, his eyebrows drawn together as he tried not to snap at the child who had thrown spaghetti in his face twice as a sign of defiance.

I couldn't keep watching and stood, taking Amalia away from him. "What's wrong, princess? You don't wanna eat?" Bouncing her gently as I moved back to my seat, I stroked her silky hair. Her face was buried into my shoulder as she wailed, her little cries muffled as her tears soaked my top.

Leonardo exhaled as he rubbed his eyes, staring helplessly at the child. I knew he didn't want to show his frustration but Amalia had been whining for at least an hour. Those hazel eyes of his were downcast, he looked so tired as though he hadn't sleep for a long while. I realised since the night at the hospital I had barely seen him and couldn't check if he was getting enough sleep. It was clear the lack of rest was hitting him. His shoulders hung low and he was slightly slouched on his chair, barely focusing on the environment around him.

I tried my best to keep the mood up. Giving Amalia a warm smile I cooed, "okay, okay, sweetheart." I felt as though she understood me and looked up with her adorable bright eyes, blinking away the tears filled in them. I gently tapped her button nose, causing her to blink them away, a loveable look coming onto her once upset face. Her small lips curved upwards into an endearing smile, showing off those cute little gums of hers with tiny teeth poking out.