𝟐𝟏 | 𝐇𝐢𝐬 𝐄𝐦𝐩𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐲

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐈𝐀

"She used to be in the military," Leonardo filled me in as he casually walked a little ahead of me, while I practically limped along besides him, my feet practically numb as I nodded, taking in his words.

I winced a little and he noticed, slowing down slightly and clearing his throat as he tightened his folded arms. "Worked here and there but eventually found herself here. She's a good worker," Leonardo simply said, "you're in good hands."

His eyes quickly glanced over at me as I stumbled a little, my head feeling a little dizzy. "Are you sure about that?" I softly groaned at the feeling of my aching body. I was feeling incredibly bitter. My arms were sore and my back was stinging with pain; Contessa had no sympathy for me - there was no simplicity in what training we had begun earlier that day.

The shower afterwards had temporarily helped me but the pain was starting to sink in. "You're just not used to it yet," he dryly responded as I struggled to walk straight and could feel my head begin to spin which Leonardo seemed to notice.

He stopped, a serious look on his face. Sharply exhaling as he shook his head, he questioned, "you ate breakfast while I was in the shower, right?" I couldn't meet his stern eyes, looking away. "I wasn't hungry," I mumbled, tiredly, my right hand massaging my left bicep as I became distracted. It was a wonder how he managed to realise.

Leonardo sharply exhaled and immediately started nagging, "you have low iron, Ria-" I questioned how he even knew, blinking in surprise. "You've been out all day on an empty stomach?" He stared at me in bewilderment as I sighed again, my bottom lip unconsciously beginning to stick out a little. He gave me a glare before grabbing my wrist and dragging me to a quiet, night cafe, muttering, "Questa donna sarà la mia morte {this woman is going to be the death of me}."