Chapter Twenty

"Noah..."

I searched around for the source of the voice. It seemed distant, almost misty, and gave me the shivers.

"I'm right here."

The voice seemed closer now, thank god. I turned towards the person whom the voice belonged to and was met with a pair of hazel eyes.

"Damien?" I whispered. He grinned and mentioned for me to step closer to him.

"What do you want to do?" he asked once I got closer.

"What do you mean?"

"We can do anything you want, Noah." Damien breathed, looking at me as if staring into my soul. I bit my lip.

"I don't know what we should do."

"I heard you like to draw?" he asked and I nodded.

"Well I like to draw too. Maybe we can show each other our drawings or work on one together."

"I don't want to show you my drawings."

"Why not?" Damien huffed.

"I...I'm just not ready to show my drawings to people I hardly even know yet."

"Haven't you known me for almost a month now, Noah?" Damien asked, smiling and tilting his head a bit as if observing me.

"I guess..."

"How about we show each other our drawings. Don't worry, I won't laugh at you."

"I don't know if I want to..." I sighed.

"Hey, Noah!" a second voice suddenly called. I whirled around and came face to face with Zander, standing there, an annoyed look on his face.

"Zander?!"

"What the hell are you doing here?" I heard Damien snarl from behind me.

"That's what I want to ask you!" Zander snapped, glaring at Damien.

"Guys..." I started to say, but Damien cut me off.

"Come to me, I'm not using you like he is." Damien murmured, grabbing my arm. This seemed to anger Zander further.

"Don't listen to that crap he's saying, I'm not using you." he told me.

"I-I-"

"Shut up, Zander." Damien hissed, and then began to pull me away from the scene. Zander glared at us.

"Bring him back, Damien. I don't want him to go with a liar."

"I DON'T WANT HIM TO GO WITH AN EGOTISICAL ASSHOLE WHO LAUGHS AT HIM EVERY FEW DAYS!" Damien screamed.

"BRING HIM HERE!" Zander screamed back.

"NO!"

"BRING HIM BACK OR YOU WON'T SEE THE LIGHT OF DAY TOMMOROW!"

"You wouldn't dare." Damien snarled.

"Yes I would."

I watched them argue with each other yet again, a pain flaring up inside my head at all the screaming. I wished that Alicia was here, but sadly she wasn't. If she was, they would've stopped right now, but sure enough they were still in a heated argument.

Suddenly, as if a miracle had happened, as if the earth had somehow read my mind, I felt the ground open beneath me and felt myself getting pulled downwards, out of Damien's grasp. He stopped arguing with Zander and looked at me.

"Noah?"

"Damien!" I called.

"Noah, what's happening?"

"I don't know, '' I answered as I kept getting sucked into the ground.

Deeper....

Deeper....

Deeper....