Chapter Forty Seven

"You alright, Noah?" Alicia asked me for the thousandth time today. I just sighed and looked at the floor.

"I already said I'm okay." I told her and she wrapped an arm around my shoulders.

"You know you can tell me anything, right? I wont get mad." she said and the comforting tome of her voice made me relax. Despite that though, something about what Damien said made me not want to tell her.

"It's just a stomach ache," I finally said, "Nothing big."

"Maybe you can lay your head down for a bit." Alicia said.

"Mmmm." I murmured, resting my head on her shoulder.

"Oh hey look who decided to stop by!" she exclaimed and I lifted my head to see none other than the devil himself, who had returned to school a day prior.

"Hey, Zander." I murmured, not wanting to deal with him right now, especially after what Damien told me.

"Hey, are you alright?" Zander asked, "You look pale."

"I've always been sort of pale."

"I mean, paler than usual." Zander said, sitting down on the bench next to me and Alicia. I didn't know what to say so I just nodded.

"Are you sure you're alright?" Zander asked and I just looked up at his gorgeous face. He looked back at me.

'Yeah, I'm fine." I murmured.

"Good." he said and I nearly choked on my own saliva when he gave me a smile. Seriously, smiles that good looking should be illegal.

'I'm gonna go to the bathroom." I said after a few minutes. Without waiting for their responses, I stood up and had only walked about five steps when I collided into someone.

"Oh! I'm s-so sorry!" I gasped and when I looked up at the person, I actually did choke on my own saliva.

"H-Hi Damien!" I exclaimed, trying to ignore the fact that Alicia and Zander were sitting on a bench behind me, nearly six feet away

"Hey Noah." he said in a strained tone of voice and I just now noticed that he was looking over my shoulder at Alicia and Zander. I turned around to look at them too and saw that Alicia was avoiding anyone's gaze and Zander looked like he was about to skin Damien alive.

"Um, sorry, I was just trying to go to the bathroom but I collided with you and, uh, I think I should get going-" I told Damien, hoping he would walk away. However he didn't move and continued to glare at Alicia and Zander.

"What do you want, Damien?" Zander hissed between clenched teeth.

"Nothing, I'll just go." Damien huffed and was about to turn away when Zander spoke again.

"Stay here. I want to ask you something."

Damien stopped and crossed his arms over his chest, narrowing his eyes at Zander.

"What?" he demanded.

"Why are you doing this to Noah?"

"Doing what?" Damien asked and Zander's eyes turned firey.

"Using Noah, you idiot! Don't you fucking know what you're doing to him? You literally took advantage of his innocence the second he first stepped through the school gates and pretended to be friendly to him so he could get lured into your stupid trap!"

At Zander's little outburst, Damien's eyes widened slightly but he stood his ground.

"Oh really? You're saying that shit when you were the one who tool advantage of him and made him miserable?!"