⟢ like the movies , itoshi sae !

slow dance under stormy skies

❝ slow dance under stormy skies ❞

_______

itoshi sae ! x reader
genre & type ! fluff ficlet

♥︎

( now playing...!
like the movies , laufey )

ITOSHI SAE KNEW virtually nothing outside the realm of his profession

ITOSHI SAE KNEW virtually nothing outside the realm of his profession. That was evident to anyone who manage to hold a conversation with him for more than three minutes as the young football prodigy truly knew nothing outside of his beloved sport.

Though it wasn't to say he was completely helpless. Thankfully, he had you to guide him through what could be deemed as 'normal life' for a star like himself - doing the most basic of things in order for him to be assimilated back to society. The best way to get him to experience what it was like to be a 'normal person' were through dates. Going out to eat at small, down-to-earth restaurants, going on picnic dates when the weather was nice, and so on.

Today, you dragged him to a movie theater to watch the latest installment of some beloved franchise that Sae had briefly heard of. Though rather disinterested, he was happy to spend time with you (in spite of his scowling expression - you knew him too well).

"One large popcorn! Oh! And a large soda, please!" Sae stood beside you in mild disbelief at the amount of junk food you were ordering. Even still, he wasn't one to deny you of your cravings. Not when he was barely capable of caring for himself.

The cashier rang you up and Sae paid for everything including the tickets in spite of your insistent. The two of you made it to the theater a bit earlier than time the movie started and so you settled with choosing a seat relatively high up in the theater - seeing as how there were few guests.

"Sae, pass me the popcorn." He did so with only a few complaints.

"Don't you think there's too much butter on it?" He cringed as you swallowed a handful of the savory snack, turning to face him with bits stuck to the corners of your lips.

"Butter is what makes it good." You refuted him, popping another handful into your mouth. You held the bag out to him. "Would you like to try some?"

Sae's face twisted with mild disgust, only reluctantly agreeing when you picked out a few that wasn't doused in butter. You fed him the popcorn and much to your delight, he was pleased.

"It's not bad." Which meant that he was okay with it. You mentally cheered as the theater began to darken as the movie was starting.

It wasn't until halfway through the movie when you felt Sae nudge you. His eyes were fixed on the film, though you knew him well enough to know what it was that he wanted.

So you handed the bag of popcorn over to him. He made a noise of approval as he munched away happily, eyes glued on the large movie screen. Despite his demeanor, he could be rather childish at times.

The movie ends in a 'somewhat satisfactory' manner (according to Sae anyway) and the two of you exit the theater - only to run into a certain familiar face you hadn't expected to see in a place like this.

"Oliver?"

"Tch," Sae made a noise of disapproval as the former Captain of the Japan U-20 made his way over  with someone trailing not far behind him. You haven't seen her before... perhaps he was dating someone new? It wasn't uncommon for him after all.

"It's so nice to see you here, (y/n) ." He flashed his signature smile at you before glancing past to wave at the prodigy standing behind you. "And you too, Itoshi Sae."

Quiet murmurs from the line caught your attention as Sae moved closer to you, trying to hide behind you though to no avail. It was already too late and people were making their way over to him with phones in hand.

"Shame that you guys just finished a movie. Perhaps a double date next time?" Oliver suggested with a smirk much to Sae's dismay as your boyfriend grumbled some sort of curse at him before grabbing your hands and dragging you from the theater.

"S-Sorry Oliver! Maybe next time!" You hollered back, waving goodbye to the centerback as Sae dragged you away from the mess that was the gathering crowd in that butter-scented building.

author's note !

( 030423 ) agh, i swear i will get better at updating but yay! im finally done w requests :) ill be doing a few personal one shots of characters i want to write for and then ill open requests again !

sae and rin are always so fun to write for huhu <3 we love the itoshi brothers here

anyway! hope you enjoyed this one shot <3 please let me know what you think & as always, take care!

until next time friends!

support me ! twitter , huawynn | ao3 , huawyn | commissions , ko-fi.com/yiing