⟢ expectations , yo hiori !

haven't i given enough...?

_______

_______

yo hiori ! x reader
genre & type ! fluff ficlet

♥︎

( now playing...!
glided lily , cults )

HOME LIFE WASN'T the best for Hiori

His parents were (to an extent) loving, caring, fed him and provided him a roof above his head... But it was all for the gilded purpose of making him into the best football player there is. That dream alone is a fine one, albeit a bit unrealistic but it was a fine one... Though it ultimately made Hiori hate football.

Driven by empty praise, Hiori pushed himself to the limit in order to achieve his parents' goals. Even while in Blue Lock, he felt as though he was improving - but was it enough for him to become the best football player there ever was? Certainly not. From the start, it was an unrealistic goal. He hated how the arguments started at home all because of his performance.

He didn't see the merits until these things anymore. Nor did he really care about the sport.

So when he met you, a renowned football player in your own league - he didn't think his outlook on life would change all that much. That's how things have always been; dull, boring. He wished he could shut the world out.

"Hiori!" You always greeted him with smiles, and a football at your feet. "Ready for another drill?"

He wasn't terribly into the idea but it got him out of the house, that was enough of a reason to come see you time and time again.

"Mm, yeah." Hiori set his gear down, the heavy duffle bag thudding against the earth. He laced up his shoes and made his way over to you - there was a constant smile on your face.