⟢ how real people do, kunigami rensuke !

put your sweet lips on mine

❝ put your sweet lips on mine ❞

_______

kunigami rensuke ! x reader
genre & type ! fluff ficlet

♥︎

( now playing...!
like real people do, hozier )

BEYOND ALL THE spectacle that is two world-famous athletes dating, you and Kunigami were just humans living simple lives

BEYOND ALL THE spectacle that is two world-famous athletes dating, you and Kunigami were just humans living simple lives. He didn't really share an interest in becoming some sort of commercialized superstar and you didn't really enjoy all the publicity that came with fame. With him being a famed football player and you being a famed volleyball player; that was enough to cause a headache when the two of you stepped out in public. Which was why you highly valued any time the two of you got to be alone, do normal things without being scrutinized by the public.

Thankfully, the two of you got a few days off from training to rest. Exhaustion piled up and this prompted the two of you to do some simple conditioning to help with the sore muscles.

"Easy." Kunigami helped you stretched, his fingers pressed against your back muscles as you leaned forward, feeling the muscles ache slightly. A soft hiss left your throat the feeling, prompting your boyfriend to bring his hands to your hips. "Don't overextend if it hurts."

You smiled at him as you slowly straightened your back, feeling the tension slowly leaving your body once you were upright again. "Yeah, yeah... I know."

Kunigami hummed quietly, his large hands running over the side of your body when he noticed a few bruises on your bare legs. He raised an eyebrow at the sight. "Did you hurt yourself?"

"Ah those?" You glanced down, bringing your legs closer to your body. Kunigami's hand moved to the bruises, gently massaging them. There was a sickly green color to them; slowly healing. "Got them during our drills. We were practicing dives."

"Hmm..." He hummed, fingers gently brushing over your skin as he pulled you close to him. "You didn't wear your knee-pads?"

You smiled at him crookedly. "I forgot them back home. But it wasn't that bad, I got to set afterwards."

Kunigami's head rested at the crook of your neck, sighing softly upon hearing your words. He wrapped his arms around your waist, holding you close to his chest. "Please remember them next time. I don't want you getting hurt."

"Right, right. I will." You laughed softly. "You'll probably pack them in my bag anyway."

Kunigami had a tendency to manage everything for you behind the scenes. Even if he was tired from practice, he will make sure that you were taken care of before he tended to his own things. It could be slightly overbearing at times but he meant well, that you knew.

"Should I get other things for you? Extra gauze? A first-aid kit?"

Okay, perhaps a bit too overbearing at times.

You sighed, shaking your head at him. "Rensuke, it's fine. We have a trained nurse on site if anything happens. But bruises are part of the process, you would know - kicking near people's shins all the time."

Kunigami finally relented, setting his aside his worries as he helped you pick up the yoga mat and stretch balls. Putting everything away, his arms around his way around your waist again - the side of his face was resting on your shoulder as he kissed you a few times.

"I'm just worried." He replied, his voice quiet. You smiled at his concern, bringing a hand to the side of his face and gently cupping it.

"I know. Thank you."

author's note !

author's note !

( 051023 ) weeeeee <3 this is obvious pre-wildcard kunigami because our wildcard now probably isn't all that soft and sweet anymore ahahahaha

to the person who requested this, thank you! im working through a few more requests & then ill be opening them up again!

(theres a ton of chigiri ones, i didnt expected people to like him so much?)

anyway! thank you so much for supporting me as always ! & until next time!

support me ! twitter , huawynn | ao3 , huawyn | commissions , ko-fi.com/yiing