Ch.11: Daruk, The Goron Stalwart

Eva woke in a cold sweat, her hands instantly going to her neck. Nothing hurt. Was it just a dream? It felt too real to be one. She shook it off, got out of bed, and got ready.

Today was the day they went to seek out the Goron Warrior, Daruk. She was not going to be late because of some silly dream.

She quickly fastened her armor and grabbed her swords, her shield, and her bow with the quiver of arrows.

She ran out of her home, making sure it was locked, and ran to the castle. She was early, thankfully. She needed time to reflect on what that dream was.

After a while, Link and Impa showed up. Aveil was not far behind them.

"Hey, guys. Have a good break?"

Link stretched, yawning.

"Yeah. My parents said hi."

"How are they, by the way? Last I heard, your mom hurt her knee."

"Oh, she's fine just limping now"

During their conversation, Zelda and the king walked into the room. Aveil being the first to notice brought himself to a knee.

"Your Highnesses."

The rest followed suit. King Rhoam raised his hand

"Rise, please. Now can you give me a report on how the mission is going for you four?"

Link began by explaining how Vah Ruta was now piloted by Princess Mipha and Aveil's battle with the Lynel. The king nodded

"Well, I can see it's going well. I will assume you are now going to talk to Daruk of the Gorons."

Zelda nodded.

"Yes, Father. We are about to embark soon."

"Then do not let me hold you any longer,"

The king said, turning around and about to leave.

"Oh, and Aveil," He said, eyeing the Gerudo. He then threw a piece of parchment at him.

"You have a job to do." He said shutting the door behind him.

Aveil clutched the letter in his hands. A smile crept onto his face as he started to unroll the letter and read it.

"Well, what does it say?" Impa asked

"I've been assigned to go to the Ancient Tech Lab and help with a secret project."

"What's it about?"

Eva peeked over his shoulder, trying to get a closer look at it. He closed it quickly and lightly pushed her away.

"It is none of your concern. I wish you all luck on your mission. Goodbye."

Aveil turned on his heels and walked out, shutting the door behind him. Everyone shrugged it off and began prepping for their journey. Eva walked around and passed two potions.

"The temperature of Goron Town will be unbearably hot. These potions will cancel the effects of the heat. It'll be like you're going to a hot spring."

"When should we drink them?"

Zelda asked as she swirled around the black liquid.

"As soon as you feel like you're going to catch on fire. Everyone ready?"

They all nodded and grabbed their gear. They headed to the front gates and were greeted by two other guards.

"We have been assigned to help you with your mission. Shall we begin?"

"We shall. Follow in suit, please."

They filed behind Link and Eva and they began to make their way to Eldin.

--------------------

"Oh, Hylia, please help us!"

Impa fanned her face as they approached Goron City.

"I thought you said it would be like a hot spring?"

Link looked at Eva as he wiped the sweat off of his forehead.

"I underestimated it. My bad."

They reached the gate where Daruk waited. He looked at them and smiled, approaching them.

"Hey, you guys! Heard you were coming to see me!"

Zelda smiled and bowed.

"Yes, Daruk. May we enter?"

"Of course! Follow me!"

Daruk took the lead as he walked them through Goron City.

"Is this about Rudania?"

He asked, looking back at them.

"It is. How did you find out?"

"Some speculation has been going on around the city. People say you managed to tame Ruta and Naboris."

"We have. We found them pilots and we're hoping you would want to pilot Rudania."

"Pilot Rudania?"

He rubbed his chin and smiled.

"Sure! Sounds like fun!"

Zelda smiled.

"Great! We will have to teach a few controls to get you started, but it will be a breeze!"

They stopped at the Eldin Bridge and a Goron suddenly ran up to them, out of breath.

"Great Daruk! Monsters have begun to invade the city!"

"Monsters?! Where did they come from?!"

"We have no idea! Our outposts have been taken over!"

"We'll help with the outposts!"

Link and Eva drew their swords as Impa summoned her Sheikah Blade.

"Link and I will go to the east, and Daruk, Impa, and Zelda will go west."

"Got it! Let us go!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aveil closed the door behind him and began making his way to his hut. Opening the door, he began to prepare for the mission ahead. Making sure to pack his weapons, food, flint, and arrows safely inside the Sheikah Slate. What an amazing invention! He thought to himself before strapping the slate to his side.

Marching out of the castle walls, he made his way to the lab, reflecting on the memory that resurfaced yesterday. He quickly pulled out the Sheikah Slate and pressed the gallery function. The memory he had seen before had a mark across it.

He changed to his storage function and pulled out his sword. He placed the Sheikah Slate back on his side and brought up his sword. He examined it, trying to figure out why the shard made it glow blue. He looked at the handle, seeing a blue stone attached to it.

I wonder... He thought to himself, lowering the sword and closing his eyes, thinking of the coldness of the shrine where he slept for 10,000 years and the pain of having lost all his Memories and his Zelda. He let the emotion flow through his body into the blade.

Opening his eyes, he brought up the sword that now glowed bright blue and gave off a cold aura. He let the emotion go and watched as the sword returned to normal. Only one question was left in his head.

"Who was I 10,000 years ago?"

------------------------------------------------------------